Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Steve's new album Real Illusions delayed

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  fettouhi 
#1 ·
Just got news from the Vai forum that the latest from Steve has been pushed back by Sony by quite a few months.

Instead of Sept 2004, the release has been pushed to Feb 2005. A bit dissapointing considering that the album is done and ready to go.

It hasn't been announced officially, but Steve's mentioning it to fans at shows, so I guess its okay to post about. Qualified speculation at Vai.com forum suggests it may have something to do with Sony's inability to put all their muscle into marketing the product right now.

Dissappointing? sure....But I suppose that if there ever was an acceptable reason for a delay - this is it. I know we'd all like it if Steve's music was backed with marketing to stretch it as far as it really deserves to go. :) .

I guess the real moral of the story here is that good things come to those who wait. :) Unfortunately we'll be waiting a while more.

I'm going to take a cold shower LOL!

#7 ·
Vai's not known for his punctuality :lol: even after the september annoucement i was seriously not expecting it until next summer, i guess we'll have to wait and see if it does come in feb...i'd be suprised, well at least thats better than being dissappointed.

6 years then though between studio albums...AIAUW was amzing but not quite what he normally conjures up. I hope this album is 110% like normal though, in one of his postcards last year when he had to shelve the musical and cull bits and bobs for this album i'm wondering whether or not his heart is fully in it?

The teaser blew my mind though, and lets not forget ALS was a stopgap for fire garden. But not since flex-able to PAW has there been such a dry spell of studio album output.

Roll on feb, and the summer, and the date after that.... :(

T7

#9 ·
Personally I don't care what sort of marketing Sony give it. Let's face it, amongst musicians Steve is well known. Whether Sony push it with bells and whistles won't influence whether I buy it-it will likely be on pre-order. Vai's out on G3 NOW (or at least very recently). I want it now, and then I want Steve to do a new one pronto, and I want all the boxed set stuff asap.
I say this not as a sycophant, but because he could be very prolific in terms of product, if the record comapny pulled out their fingers and allowed him to be.

Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.