Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick case quesiton concerning 1077xl / rant.

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Well, when I bought this guitar, it arrived fine, but the postal service thought it would be wise to crush it and/or play a game of toss the case with the package damaging the case quite severely. I asked Rich (Ibanezrules) about what case would fit the 1077xl because mine wasn't a UV1000. Well, he said the standard case was the UV1000, and I merely asked for a clarification on if the UV1000 was actually the case I needed because of the extended scale and he got really short with me and said, "Do I need to repeat myself?" I said, yes just to make absolutely sure I'm buying the right case and he never got back to me. Oh, well...I guess I guess I caught him on a bad day.

SO!

For a FINAL clarification. Will the UV1000 be the case for me before I buy?

Regards,
Daniel

#2 ·
My understanding is that the XL guitars have the neck and bridge set further back into the body so they are no longer overall than standard-scale guitars. Or at least not so much longer that they won't fit in a standard-size case.

And Rich probably knows as much as can be known (possibly even more) about the Ibanez product line, and has probably sold numerous 1/2077XLs (with cases), so if he says your 2077XL will fit in the UV1000 case, it will.

#3 ·
Or maybe he had to go out and just got home again?! :roll:

>no idea if the molded fits it or not, standard case was always the uv1000

And yes, when I answer a question and the answer is clear what point was there is asking again? Could you not comprehend the first time?

#4 ·
darren wilson said:
My understanding is that the XL guitars have the neck and bridge set further back into the body so they are no longer overall than standard-scale guitars. Or at least not so much longer that they won't fit in a standard-size case.

And Rich probably knows as much as can be known (possibly even more) about the Ibanez product line, and has probably sold numerous 1/2077XLs (with cases), so if he says your 2077XL will fit in the UV1000 case, it will.
Which is exactly why I went to Rich first because of his reputation, but again, shown by his post here, he carries himself with a impatient demeanor. I wanted to make absoutely sure that the UV1000 would work because it was not the case that it arrived in.

>no idea if the molded fits it or not, standard case was always the uv1000

Okay, and the case that it came with was not "standard" thus my need for clarification. Rather than taking the time to write "Yes, the UV should be fine," he had to get all bent out of shape about it.

#5 ·
MidusGT said:
. I asked Rich (Ibanezrules) about what case would fit the 1077xl because mine wasn't a UV1000. Well, he said the standard case was the UV1000, and I merely asked for a clarification on if the UV1000 was actually the case I needed because of the extended scale and he got really short with me and said, "Do I need to repeat myself?" I said, yes just to mak abosutely sure I'm buying the right case and he never got back to me. Oh, well...I guess I guess I caught him on a bad day.
Hi Daniel, Rich's replys nearly always are short (for me), I guess mostly due to volume of e-mails he has to reply to, Many of mine are quite literally 1 sentance answers, Not once has he never answered a question from me, And i do bug him a fair bit ;-)

If Rich says they were shipped in a UV1000 case, the likely hood of it not fitting are slim to none, hope it fits like a glove for ya dude, and congrats on a great guitar

Rob

#6 ·
MidusGT said:
Okay, and the case that it came with was not "standard" thus my need for clarification. Rather than taking the time to write "Yes, the UV should be fine," he had to get all bent out of shape about it.
So the whole point of your "rant" was to tell everybody I was rude to you? I answered your question, ANYbody that makes me repeat myself is going to get the same response. If you can't comprehend the answer don't ask the question. And now I am having a bad day, happy? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.