Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  ProFragger 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

First off, all guitars that I'm talking about here are left handed:

1. What is the difference between the Ibanez 570L and 1570L?

2. What kind of neck and trem do they have?

3. What is a fair price for both the guitars new and used?

4. Finally, anyone willing to let go of theres?

Thanks for reading, I hope you guys reply soon.

#3 ·
Ok ill stab at this one...

1) Basically the neck is a Prestige neck, And instead of the ibanez swoosh, you have prestige over it, which you probably know, and you could use that to look important to people :wink:

2)1570L neck: super wizard 3pc. Trem:Edge Pro. I dont know about the 570 though, different neck, and different trem, not sure what they are though.

3) The price of the 1570L has gone up a few times from when I bought mine last march. I got mine from Rich Harris who visits this site every now and then. Not too often though so if you want to get ahold of him then visit his site. (www.ibanezrules.com) He will hook you up good if you want a new one and set it up for you before sending it out to you. That man LOVES working on left handed guitars. It brings a smile to his face. The 570L you cant get new anymore for obvious reasons...(discontinued) Used,, check e-bay, cause it always varies. I believe a 570L went for about 400 some about a week ago. It may have been a 470L though. I have not seen a 1570L used for a little while now, but I believe you might be able to get one for anyware between 400-700 maybe, just a guess though.

4) I own a 1570L, It was the first guitar I ever bought on my own, so no I wont be letting it go.

#4 ·
Thanks so much for your reply, Koss.

Are you sure that the neck on the 1570L is a super wizard? The specs say its a Prestiege neck, which never really made sense to me, as I don't know what profile that is.

Is there anyone else who can layout the differences between the two models? I think they have the same pickups and the trem. The 570 has a wizard, I think. Anyone to confirm this?

Finally, I would love more opinions on the prices and good people to contact if I want this guitar. I will contact Rich to see what he can do for me. Thanks again, for your reply, Koss.

#7 ·
ProFragger said:
Thanks for your response man. By the way, how would you compare the two trems? Also, can you confirm that the 1570L has the Super Wizard and not just the Wizard? Thanks!
I just checked the 2003 catalog and it saids that the RG1570 has Super Wizard neck. The Edge Pro trem was the replacement for the Lo-Pro Edge back in 2003. Both trems are low profile where the Edge Pro has the advantage that don't need to cut off the ball end of the strings. Though one disadvantage of the Edge Pro (this depends on who you ask) is that it hasn't got any locking studs. Read the tech section over at ibanezrules.com about that and about the mod.

Regards

André

#9 ·
I just checked the 2003 ad 2004 catalog and in 2003 all 15xx have wizard neck and in 2004 there isn't any 1570 only 25xx and they have super wizard necks. It is strange, maybe Ibanez has changed it. But I don't know why only in catalog and not on their website.

#10 ·
If you order from Rich, he'll fix the locking stud problem.
Hm... going to ibanez.com and going to USA it says prestige wizard....and going to Canada it says super wizard.....So..how do we solve this? *runs to ibanezrules.com* I guess the Americans are right (Oxymoron? :wink: ) Sorry for the confusion.

#11 ·
Phillip said:
I just checked the 2003 ad 2004 catalog and in 2003 all 15xx have wizard neck and in 2004 there isn't any 1570 only 25xx and they have super wizard necks. It is strange, maybe Ibanez has changed it. But I don't know why only in catalog and not on their website.
Strange my 2003 catalog (from the German Distributor) saids Super Wizard?

Regards

André

#14 ·
I´ve understood that nowadays the only differences between wizard and super wizard necks are that super wizard has volute and that super wizard has that skunk stripe in the middle, which wizard doesn´t have.

More trivia: the old wizard necks from the 90s were made of 1 piece maple (+ the separate head stock of course), and the current wizards are made of 3 piece maple.

"Prestige" doesn´t tell you anything about the neck profile. Prestige necks are just finished and treat more careful than ordinary necks.

#15 ·
Thank you so much for your responses people. About the Super Wizard and Wizard, I acutally figured it out last night after I made my last post.

Is there a place that could explain the difference between the trems in a very layman's term. Sorry I have never dealt with floyds and don't know the first thing about them.

Also, how is the fretwork on the 570? It's probably not as good as the 1570 cause its a prestiege, but I would still like to get an idea.

Some hunches on a fair price from guys will also be appreciated. Thanks for reading!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.