Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Just wanted to introduce myself..

6K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Captain Ron 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody. First off let me say that I looked around, and this seemed like the most appropriate place to post this.. Feel free to move it if it would go better somewhere else. Anyways, I just thought I would introduce myself before I started posting. I do not know a whole lot about ibanez guitars, other than I like the way they feel and play. I have been playing guitar for nearly 10 years. I primarily play a jackson rr-1, but I am looking to either sell it or trade it for a purple S540. I figured this would be a good place to start. I was wondering what the rules for the classifieds are. I read the policies, and I am pretty sure I understand them, however I am not sure if there is a rule regarding how many posts you need to have made before you can post something.

Thanks,

Zach

#3 ·
Welcome 1stly.
2nd, depending on what you're selling you can go to the basic Classified section: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28
Just make sure you post your location, pricing and all relevant info about the item, and pics are ALWAYS a plus with buyers here. If you're selling a Jem or UV, you can post in : http://www.jemsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31 and the same rules apply, but this forum is exclusive for Jem and UV guitars.

Aside from that, time and familliarity will improve and people will be more than happy to give you a positive feedback rating (Kind of like EB@Y) once a few deals are under your belt, just like anything, you gain trust and earn a rep.

Once again, welcome and have fun.

Bamm

#5 ·
I think I am going to hang onto the RR and buy the S540 later (I am trying to convince my girlfriend to buy it for me for a present sometime). It's cool to be here though. I presently own and Ibanez acoustic (one of the AE models.It has kind of a purple burst finish) a 1996 Jackson rr-1 with a lightning sky graphic, a Line 6 Flextone II head, a home made cab, and a Crate Acoustic amp. I did play my neighbors S540, and the only real criticism I have is I really dislike the middle pickup. I kept on digging into it when I pick. Is there a guitar that is comparable to the S540 but without the middle pickup?

#8 ·
newby here,
just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Scott and i've been a guitar hobbyist for almost 40 years (i should be a much better player by now!).
I am left handed so that adds to the misery.....

I own several guitars:
'79 Ibanez Road star II
'04 Ibanez RG370L
'13 MIM strat
'17 Les Paul Tribute Gold Top
'18 PRS SE Custom24

and.......a 2020 JEM JRL on the way!

looking forward to reading the board!

#14 ·
Welcome! The JS series is similar to the S540 in the shape. It is however a little different in construction, it's basswood not mahagony, and has a sculpted rounded body. And the neck feels more like a fender than an Ibanez with it's 250mm radius and a chunkier C shaped profile. It has a HH pickup configuration. But you may just need to adjust the pickup height of the middle pickup for the S540. It may be adjusted too close to the strings. The 540 is going to have much more versatile tones with that middle pickup being available.

#16 ·
That's why I meantioned the difference with the radius of the fretboard and the difference in the feel of the neck in general. I said it felt like a fender. Idk how much more descriptive I need to be. Yes a 540r is closer but they no longer make them. And they are harder to find in general than a JS. My initial example of similarity was in the shape of the body... That's pretty much the only thing. The shape is almost exactly the same. It's the sculpting that is different.

#20 · (Edited)
Welcome to hell muahahhahah

j/k this is one of the best Forums ever until 2008 when it was sold

btw I’m looking for anyone as a mod/basic BB/php builder for an upstart forum for 8 string guitars so please PM. I hope to be sisters with Jemsite

im
Making a Jemsite +SSO 2.0
Strictly for 8 strings

Jemsite is kinda tapped and SSO is a marketing/advertising site for reverb, so now there Is finally an honest ERG site to discuss real facts and truth about the guitars and their quality and all things 8 string

(welcome to all Jemsite members, especially those prior to the 2008 sale to
Chris and SSO)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.