Ibanez JEM Forum banner

First Take at Improv

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kagevz7 
#1 ·
Hi...Im new to this kinda blueish stuff. I got the backing track off guitar.com and thought I would give it a shot. Let me know what I can do to improove my improv. I know i ****ed up a little bit at the end...i apologize..lol. But any advice will be appreciated.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000172386_000028251.mp3

#2 ·
Well, to me that doesn't sound like your first take haha. It sounds really good to me, you kept it really clean for the most part and it just wasn't going blankly up and down the scales. The thing that i think helps me most with improv, is when practicing, sing every note you play and let them stick in your head. Later on every song idea you have will flow out of your head really easy and your improv will end up truly being from your head. Also don't get all your inspiration from one person, you want to incorporate all the styles into your own playing to help yourself sound more unique. And last of all, go with the flo!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.