Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Buzz Feiten Tuning System

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Knightmeir 
#1 ·
I just had this installed on my Jem and it's truly amazing. Has anyone else had it done and what are your thoughts if you have?

#2 ·
I own a Suhr classic that has it, and i think it definitely makes a difference. I notice it more on clean sounding chords, and especially if there are open strings combined with fretted notes. Guys who are using mondo gain sounds or just playing power chords probably won't notice too much of a difference though.
I actually ended up getting a Strobostomp tuner because it has the presets built in, and that has also made a world of difference.

Out of curiosity, what modifications were made to your nut/neck when they installed the system on the Jem? I have a Jem that i was considering getting it installed on, but i want to know how much surgery is involved before i do it.
peace

#3 ·
I was concerned as well, but if Vai can have it done to his Jem, so can I. I have the same guitar. He moved the nut towards the bridge about an 8th of an inch. My Jem is a 98 so it has the older locking nut that's screwed in from the back of the neck. So he had to fill the holes on the back and re-drill them. On a scale of 1-10, I would say it's a 7 as far as looks goes. You can see the glue, but it doesn't look bad. It's on the back of the neck anyway. From the front, you can't really tell the difference. I told the guy that I was a NUT about the guitar, so to make sure it looked good. He did a fine job, in my opinion.
As far as hearing a difference, I agree with you. Clean sounds better but distorted is great too. It blew me away that a note at the top of the neck could be so out of intonation when played at the bottom. He showed me before he did my guitar and I tested it after. Night and Day. Literally. The thing sounds incredible. HIGHLY recommended.

#6 ·
I had it on a Washburn Custom Shop guitar, and it is truly amazing.. One forgets how the guitar should sound if you've never played it.. It's not like guitars without out it are out of tune, but it's like the guitars that have it, just sound so sweet.. That's the only way I can say it.. It seemed that my guitar just sounded so sweet when it was in tune! But, hard to tune by ear, until I got used to it. I was used to hearing it out of tune I guess on most guitars..

Thanks
Tim

johnnyk2137 said:
I just had this installed on my Jem and it's truly amazing. Has anyone else had it done and what are your thoughts if you have?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.