Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Woohoo! New Jem for me! - The wait is over...

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  rvj 
#1 ·
The postman finally showed up with my BFP this afternoon.  Man, this is a sweet guitar! :biggrin:

The previous owner must have played slide guitar judging by the action, and the maple board needs a good scrub, but first impressions are definitely positive.  The sound of the neck pup is exactly the sound I've had in my head for sooo long! :)

Anyway, enough talkin'...gotta jam! :cool:

Mikey

#7 ·
Woohoo! New Jem for me!

Thanks guys!

I've fancied one of these for a while, and then I had one offered to me from a guy I had spoken to a few months earlier. Well, I couldn't say no, could I. :wink:

The fretboard is in a grubby state, but I have just cleaned it according to Glen's instructions in the tech section, but it could still do with another go. There are a few dings here & there, definitely a players guitar, but I'm not too bothered, afterall, I bought this one to abuse! :)

It really needs a good setup to get the most from it, but even with my very modest screwdrive & allen key weilding (string changes are about my limit!) it sounds stunning. The neck is really smooth, almost like a 10th, and on a par with my VWH. In fact I think that when I have her set up properly she will relegate my VWH to third position!

If another one comes within striking distance I'll be reaching for my wallet faster than Mr Vai can push an E Lydian!! :wink:

Mikey

Oh yeah Steve, I'm sure she'll put in an appearnce at EJF! :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.