Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Suggestions for Korean Prestige models

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  germX 
#1 ·
Dear Ibanez,

If you insist on having the Prestige models built in Korea, I suggest an effort be made to manufacture a guitar that is not only prestigious, but is at least equal in quality to the non-prestige models. I'm providing pictures of an amateur finish that leaves grain indentations exposed and a crude jack installation on a newly-purchased SZ2020 Prestige model.

See less See more
#6 ·
germX said:
bro, did you get to inspect your guitar before parting with cash?
It was an internet purchase charged on a credit card. I could return it if I chose to, but I actually like the guitar despite its finish flaws. The neck is primo. If I were to return it there would be a wait of several more weeks for another one. It's hard to fathom that an SZ720 that costs $400 less than an SZ2020 could have a better fit and finsh that its more expensive counterpart, but hey, we live in insane times.

After speaking with a few other SZ2020 owners, the thin finish with grain indentations is common, and I'm also not the only one with a woodchip or two missing as a result of the jack installation. I'm certain at this point that internet retailers get the worst of the lot, while sellers with showrooms get the best--it's a prevalent evil of buying online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.