Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JS1000 pickup rings question

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  frankfalbo 
#1 ·
I know that the rings on a JS100 are flat, but are the black ones on the JS1000 flat as well or are they taller on the bridge side than the neck side?

Are they metal? Or plastic?

#3 ·
horstausmforst said:
Any new 1000 should have flat cosmo-black metal rings.
Has there ever been a 1000 with black rings?

Edit/offtopic: how's your radius collection coming along? ;)
Thanks for the info. It's been a while since I've held a JS1000.

The collection was trimmed down to two HSS (they just seem to have a special internal reverb that the neck humbucker models lack). The '88 Fountain Blue and the '88 Donnie Hunt Faces replica.

But in the past week I scored two more. One a black HH that I'll probably trick out like Satch's Black Dog and resell. The other a mongrel white HSS that just may have to stay with me.

How's yours?

#4 ·
I saw you get that white one, it looks a little banged up but it was cheap enough.

On topic-Remember the JS1000, like all Japanese Ibanez metal mounting rings have a curved radius on the top. So yes, they're flat on the bottom and matching neck to bridge. But Stew Mac and others are selling thicker metal rings now, and they're not the same. Ibanez is the only outlet for those special rings. (can you tell they're my favorite?) Actually my all time favorite are the contoured rings on some of the S-Classics. Anyway the JS 100 are the flat Korean ones.

Although old Radii had plastic rings that were taller on the bridge side, those were holdovers from the Roadstar days. They switched to metal rings during '88-'89 before the JS was introduced. So every Japanese JS had/has the arched metal rings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.