Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Buy Jem now or wait?

4K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  King Knall 
#1 ·
I played a 7v and LOVED it! But I don't know if i should buy one since it will be 2006 tommorow. Should I wait and see what models are coming out next year, and if i do when will ibanez reveal them and sell them? Or should i just buy the 7v anyways? Does anyone know what models are coming out next year so i can make my decision?

#9 ·
Kamikaze_1 said:
Since NAMM is so close, I'd suggest you to wait. If you buy a VWH now, you may regret your decision if cooler models are released. ;)
I wouldn't regret buying a 7vwh, regardless of whatever may be released for 2006. The Jem 7vwh is a beautiful instrument. If you like it as much as I do, and it sounds like you do then you will be very happy with it ;)

#11 ·
ll Mr Blonde ll said:
yes i do love the 7v, and if next years new models will be like a 50th anniversery, making it a collectible, i won't be able to afford it. I don't really like the look of the DBK, but i think i am going to wait because you never know
Well the 20th anniversary must be coming up. Doesn't mean there won't be an affordable model out there though...

#12 ·
red5 said:
I wouldn't regret buying a 7vwh, regardless of whatever may be released for 2006. The Jem 7vwh is a beautiful instrument. If you like it as much as I do, and it sounds like you do then you will be very happy with it ;)
A little patience won't hurt. ;)

Besides, if this year's models aren't all what they're cracked to be, finding a VWH isn't particularly difficult. ;)

#13 ·
ll Mr Blonde ll said:
yes i do love the 7v, and if next years new models will be like a 50th anniversery, making it a collectible, i won't be able to afford it. I don't really like the look of the DBK, but i think i am going to wait because you never know
I'd wait and see, since NAMM is so close. The re-introduction of the DBK probably only means a price increase for the 7VWH, but we'll see. There may be a suprise. I doubt the VWH will change any at all. And the 2005 prices should drop when the 2006s become available. The anniversary models will doubtless be priced for collectors.

#17 · (Edited)
Kamikaze_1 said:
The return of the DBK. The unveiling of the (I hope) 20th Ann. Jem and 50k Jem. Oh, and we might see an 8-string. ;)
Oh man, it would be awsome if they return the DBK into production. A DBk owner myself and i would like to see a DBK with a white vine inlays on that fretboard.
I saw a picture once of a guy that did it and i lost it. If someone have that pic plz post it again.

Regards

#19 ·
Kamikaze_1 said:
The return of the DBK. ;)
I seriously doubt it bro;) If they DO release BOTH anniversary models, I doubt they'll have anything else new.

2006 = continuation of 7vwh / Brmr + MAYBE the 20th anniversary and possibly the 50k. Then again - if not enough Jems are sold, the 50k maybe be released in 2007 - or possibly there won't even be a 50k. There hasn't been any real confirmation that there will even be a 50k. (But let's hope and keep the druel cup handy:)

And then again - what do I know...I could be TOTALLY off with this:lol:

#21 ·
espshredder said:
I'm really not a fan of the BRMR, I hope something more interesting is released this year.
Yeah - I hear ya. Although I'd LOVE the BRMR if it only had a chrome vine;)

As far as somthing more interesting...well....x your fingers for the anniversary models. I just seriously doubt that there will be a reissue of one of the older models...and why?? Let's have something totally new folks;)

#22 ·
espshredder said:
I would definitley buy a 7DBK should it be reissued.

Would any current owners be able to let me know how durable the finish is on it? It looks pretty heavy duty, and I'm careful with my guitars, but if it's fragile that might affect my purchase.
Like a rock i tell ya and you dont have to worry about fingerprints or scratches on the finish cause it doesnt show on the bumpy surface. Well that doesnt mean that you can be abusive to the lady, i clean it after i play each time.
I hope if they reintroduce the DBK that they keep the original DBK neck dimensions. Remind you that the DBK have a unique neck from all the JEMS and super light.

Regards

#24 ·
Previous owner of DBK here...SOLID finish! Great guitar.

I don't know though, I'm somewhat of the opinion that the older Jems were "better" for whatever reason, more stable trem and what not. Still though, either way if I were you I'd wait.

But a 20th anniversary model! I wonder if Rich would give me my money back if they release a 20th ann model...HA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.