Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Korean prestige

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  caprile 
#1 ·
Are any of the RG prestige now Korean and if so which? I read something a while ago but i can't remember the key word, yes or no.......

#8 ·
I think that people would pitch a super fit if they up and stopped making guitars at the Fujigen factory in Japan. From a production standpoint, I would think that they would lose money but not using the factory since they already own it and it's already there. You figure that the Korean and Indonesian factories are probably already at capacity as it is.

#10 ·
VB. said:
All Prestige modelas are Japanese. There are RG, SAs and whatnot out there
but they are not Prestige unless they are made in Japan. That is the reason
they put the Prestige name on some of their guitars. So people can tell they are made in Japan
Not true! In 2005 Ibanez released the first Prestige SA's MIK ;).

SA2020FMVV :

Regards

André

#11 ·
lyconxero said:
I think that people would pitch a super fit if they up and stopped making guitars at the Fujigen factory in Japan. From a production standpoint, I would think that they would lose money but not using the factory since they already own it and it's already there. You figure that the Korean and Indonesian factories are probably already at capacity as it is.
Ibanez doesnt own the Fujigen Factory. As a matter of fact Ibanez doesnt own any factories at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.