Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Win A New JEM7BRMR: Forum Member Writing Competition #2 (ALL SPOTS TAKEN)

61K views 392 replies 67 participants last post by  fettouhi 
#1 · (Edited)
Update: All contest spaces are taken and it is closed.

There will be 90 entries only (not 110 as advertised and not even 100 as we reconfigured it last weeks). You won't find these odds to win a >$3k prize anywhere else, anytime soon.

YOUR ODDS TO WIN JUST INCREASED about 19% (1:90 vs 1:110)

This was done thanks to good service from Matt and depleting our "contest" funds so that any possible future contests will start from zero again. This contest dragged a little and all future contests are on indefinite hold. We should be able have the competition results sometime the week after Memorial Day (May 29). Stay tuned for details.

All participants please use the CONTEST FORUM thread here for DETAILS and SPECIFIC CONVERSATION to the contest, how it is being run, etc.
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47740

The axe will be ready to ship out immediately to the winner ...glen

------ original unedited post below ------

ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN A BRAND NEW IBANEZ JEM7BRMR BAD HORSIE GUITAR + CASE $3106.65 USD RETAIL VALUE. ONE IN 110 CHANCE TO WIN! STARTS MONDAY MARCH 6 5PM EST, 2006 - FORUM MEMBERS ONLY

See details of JEM contest here

Competition #2: Win the position of "Jr. Editor of Jemsite" for 3 months or a JEM7BRMR whatever you prefer. If you choose the JEM this is a brand new Ibanez JEM7BRMR Guitar & Case and setup from Matt at mattsmusic.com

Cost: $25 per entry via paypal (link at bottom of page)
Entries: limited to 110 entries within 2 months of March 6, 2006
Odds of winning: 1:110 chance

RESULTS of Contest #1 (February 2006)
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44420
WINNER 7VWH: airguitar
CONSOLATION PRIZES: Kirk and Rickcard71

For anyone who missed the thread from the JEM forum, Contest #1 winner (Andy) has received his JEM7VWH and posted some pictures here
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45585

Other forum threads for reference:
* Future competition discussion
* Original "win a jem" idea thread"
* Can't be a raffle discussion

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------------------------------
* if you PAID and do NOT have access to the private forum DO NOT WORRY. It is automated to clear you when payment is CLEARED which takes a few days.

* YOUR SPACE IS SAVED UPON SUBSCRIBING so give it 48 hours before reporting any troubles (or longer if paypal has not cleared your payment).

* Use the Contest Forum for any inquiries about payment, etc.

COMMON QUESTIONS & HELP - CHECK BACK HERE REGULARLY
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Competition Slots available: see last page of this topic for running count

Q. How do I enter this competition? Where?
A. See the link just above here to enter.

Q. What does my $25 get me?
A one in 110 chance to win a new JEM7BRMR + Case

Q. What is this discussion of raffle"
A. Raffles and games of chance online cannot be discussed online as they are not appropriate.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Win A New JEM7BRMR March 2006 Forum Member Writing Competition #2*

Yay, new contest. Two things:

1) The "*** CLICK HERE FOR THE PAYMENT PAGE ***" link at the bottom of the rules page is broken. The other link at the top of the page is fine.

2) On the payment page, there's no dollar amount in the "Cost" drop down menu. Clicking on "Order" gives you an invalid currency error.

#5 ·

One clarficiation (should add this to the rules page)

We will be using the same "8 number system" as the first contest, but there are fewer entries available.

Q: 8x110=880 what happens if one of the 120 'dead' numbers come up?
A: Kenny wins. Just kidding. If a 'dead' number comes up, we'll wait for the next drawing...until an "undead" entry number comes up.

To clarify the clarification...if the mid-day drawing is 'dead', we'll go by the evening drawing number. If that's dead too, we'll keep going with subsequent numbers until a 'winner' comes up.

#7 ·

One more thing, and this is VERY important!!!

You MUST MUST MUST include your Jemsite user name AND your PRIMARY email address with your entry.

We want to be able to send important info in mass emails to everybody who enters. We had a problem last time with people not getting my emails.

Please MAKE SURE that we have your PRIMARY email address...the one you check all the time. Paypal only sends us the one you have that's registered with them.

Thanks
~Kenny

#8 ·

i'll have the info thru the forum subscribe but DO IT ANYWAYS as kenny said :)

Remember upon the initial payment you get access to the Private Forum and will be invoiced for the remaining balance of the entry fee... glen

#17 ·

TheDudeJS1000 said:
I read the rules and what I must do too subscribe right and I still make a big error :(

I forgot too add my username to the paypal payment. Kenny I wrote you a PM.

GL too you and may the best man/girl win
I got your "subscription" and you should have access to the private forum. if you didn't make the $20 payment (link in private forum) do that ASAP :) ...glen

#18 ·

jemsite said:
I got your "subscription" and you should have access to the private forum. if you didn't make the $20 payment (link in private forum) do that ASAP :) ...glen
yeah and without thing AGAIN I did the same thing forgot too add my username :(

well its my bad so I just have to wait and see what kenny can do and if nothing can be done what the hell its only money :D

#20 ·

Hi all,
TheDude , i did the same thing . But i didnt see anywhere to do that
when going through with the transactions. I probly was just too excited about this whole thing that i overlooked it :eek:)
Thanks all of you for doing this

BillK62

#23 ·

What happens if dead numbers keep coming up till the end of time? Then what? (j/k)

Ah nuts! This one hits me at a bad time. If I don't make this one, I'll definitely make the 3rd essay contest. If there is one.

Good Luck to all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.