Ibanez JEM Forum banner

heads up on Universe for sale in London

3K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  andy7jem 
#1 ·
in Rockers on Denmark Street there's a 2nd hand Universe UV777GR for sale...going for 1,995 British Pounds if anyone is interested. Also a Jem/RG prototype once owned by Vai is going for 3,995 !!!

I went in and the very helpful staff managed to find me an elusive missing fine tuner for my UVMC, which cost me all of a quid :)

#5 ·
vibetronic said:
in Rockers on Denmark Street there's a 2nd hand Universe UV777GR for sale...going for 1,995 British Pounds if anyone is interested. Also a Jem/RG prototype once owned by Vai is going for 3,995 !!!

I went in and the very helpful staff managed to find me an elusive missing fine tuner for my UVMC, which cost me all of a quid :)
1995 quid might seem kinda okay when you consider that there's an MKR UVMC for sale here in one of our august music shops in Sydney for $10K Australian - madness huh? - oh yeah, they've also got what could only be described as a beater JEM10 for the same price!

#9 ·
David McCarroll said:
1995 quid might seem kinda okay when you consider that there's an MKR UVMC for sale here in one of our august music shops in Sydney for $10K Australian - madness huh? - oh yeah, they've also got what could only be described as a beater JEM10 for the same price!
Blimey, that's ridiculous !! One of my mates saw one over here for GBP 3,250. I do have to mention at this stage that my MKR UVMC cost me all of 500 quid :)

#12 ·
vibetronic said:

marianozz is selling his UV777GR for 1950USD.... and his a fellow jemsiter.

#17 ·
£2,000 would be doable for a minty mint example, in fact they could have stuck £2,500 and it would have sold but this one is in very sorry condition and also someone very spasticated has painted a 3" pink line behind the bridge (go faster stripe from the claw to the edge of the body) which I'm not sure if it's still there or if they've removed somehow.

Also the £3995 for the BiaX RG is soo silly - it's not even funny. http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar056.html

Rich sold PIA for less than that. And 40m TV viewers saw Steve play that on national TV plus it was in imaculate condition and it's a 7VWH not some mashed up RG.

I talk to Rob Sanham (he runs Rockers) every time I'm there and keep telling him to try evilbay and jemsite for some pointers on pricing pre-owned Ibanez guitars....all done in jest :D ....and every time I ask for a price on something he always sais "More than you think it's worth".....
Their ESPs (not LTD) are decent prices though so I can't complain.

ilia

#20 ·
I've had a PWH and a MKRMC, my GR is at least as good as both of them. And in addition, the maple board is sweet. :D I don't play it enough though, a real shame. It's too nice! Should never sell, but cash is always an issue...

I would say it's worth £2000 for someone interested in rare models. ;)

#21 ·
vibetronic said:

Both of those guitars have been in there for AGES...I'm sure I saw the Uni in there about a year ago and the RG...well who's going to pay £4k for a beaten up pink RG?

#22 ·
andy7jem said:
Looked in Turnkey,charing cross road today.They have 2 7vwh's,a 77BRMR (didnt have the price though),and a UV777PBK,which i think was £1600.I wish i had won the lottery!! :lol:
I've seen that one too, asked nicely if I could play it and they tried to sell me an RG1527 instead...no matter how much I told the guy I wanted to buy a uni...

I wouldn't pay £1600 for it though considering current **** prices. Nor will I buy from them after the craptacular treatment I got.

#23 ·
£2000 is a traditionaly over the top music shop price. Realistically unless its dead mint mit's worth more than £1200, and they appear on evilbayUSA all the time for much less (due to the exchange rate being in our favour!)

Hold you horses and shop around, because if you pay £2000 you will never get that back, look at the classic JEM's like the VBK and the DY the RARELY fetch more than £750 MINT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.