Ibanez JEM Forum banner
5K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  Shakma!! 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I feel like a little kid on christmas morning! I just purchased my new (old jem) 777DY and it is my first one , so I really look forward to its arrival.

Here is the link for it, while it is still there for the next few hours:
Please let me know what you guys think-

I think it was maybe maybe a little high, but about the ballpark? Yes?

#2 ·
OOOPSSS.. sorry about adding the url for it..

did not know we were not allowed.

its picture is probably still up there on the ****- but here is a description:

Vintage 1989 Steve Vai signature Ibanez JEM777DY(desert yellow) in excellent all original condition with Ibanez hard case!!! This guitar is in excellent condition for it's age. The only real issues are the two body dings and a neck pocket finish stress crack(very typical for these guitars)on the low E side but this does not affect the performance of the guitar. There is very minimal fretwear to the jumbo frets. The maple neck and fretboard are straight and clean. There is a little bit of wear on the tremolo bridge where the palm rest's and the plastic bushings on the trem arm are a bit worn so the arm swings freely(just like Vai likes it)but you can get replacements from Ibanez. Also there are some very minor pick scratches on the pick guard. Overall this is a very nice example of a vintage Ibanez JEM and it is very clean for a 17 year old guitar!!! The original protective plastic is still on the truss rod cover. I have just put on a brand new set of Ernie Ball super slinky .009 guage strings on this guitar and I am throwing in some tools, picks, Jem set-up guides, and some rare Steve Vai guitar lesson sheets. U.S.

#6 ·
Amy said:
OOOPSSS.. sorry about adding the url for it..

did not know we were not allowed.

its picture is probably still up there on the ****- but here is a description:

Vintage 1989 Steve Vai signature Ibanez JEM777DY(desert yellow) in excellent all original condition with Ibanez hard case!!! This guitar is in excellent condition for it's age. The only real issues are the two body dings and a neck pocket finish stress crack(very typical for these guitars)on the low E side but this does not affect the performance of the guitar. There is very minimal fretwear to the jumbo frets. The maple neck and fretboard are straight and clean. There is a little bit of wear on the tremolo bridge where the palm rest's and the plastic bushings on the trem arm are a bit worn so the arm swings freely(just like Vai likes it)but you can get replacements from Ibanez. Also there are some very minor pick scratches on the pick guard. Overall this is a very nice example of a vintage Ibanez JEM and it is very clean for a 17 year old guitar!!! The original protective plastic is still on the truss rod cover. I have just put on a brand new set of Ernie Ball super slinky .009 guage strings on this guitar and I am throwing in some tools, picks, Jem set-up guides, and some rare Steve Vai guitar lesson sheets. U.S.
You lucky girl! They are getting quite rare now, I think at the end of the day how much you pay for it is insignificant compared to your desire to have it.

I know, I bought a slightly abused 777VDY (my dream guitar) off evilbay for £730 3 years ago, far more than it was worth, but that meant nothing to me as I hungered for it for over 10 years!

What price can you really say is too high for that sort of passion? :)

#7 · (Edited)
Hi..
Got your message. Just waking up. I had a segway for a radio station to record last night.

Yes you know, I pay a lot for passion..and love..my e# could testify to that. There is nothing I wouldn't do for something or someone that I truely love, and so I fought for this guitar and let me tell ya, I need to sell off a couple of other items now. This week I purchased for some investment a couple of other guitars.
I bought a 4 string, yes a 4 string Tenor guitar the other day from around the 40's for really cheap.
and today I am buying a beautiful accoustic guitar for 20 dollars that is a perhaps 15 years old or a little newer. It is called a GJ and is made in Italy.
I am constantly scanning for deals, and may be selling these Items soon-

The Tenor guitar is by Airline, so it is that wierd Monkey Wards I think, guitar.
It has a super straight neck and sounds like a banjo. I may use it however and write new music around it-
If anyone knows much about the last two I named please let me know. Buying 3 guitars in a week is a busy week for me!

I am a little worried about my guitar however.. not one word from the man that sold it to me and I am hoping it gets shipped to the right place and all goes ok-

You said "dy" and then a "dvy? is that the pink colored one that is like the desert yellow guitar, but only in the rare pink color?

#8 ·
By the way, did any of you see the sillyness of last night here??

I was laughing so hard my pants I almost wet.

A few of us were making nasty to a "non" persons spammer. I think it was a computer that electronically generated spam thing about cell phones. So we all got really really Juvenile and silly and ...well.. you had to be there. Bunch of us here, acting like kids, shouting at no one..

It was pretty funny:) And a great way to release tension!

#13 ·
Not true!

The legendary VDY has a cool vine inlay in matching body colour dayglo yellow, an oiled neck, oh did I mention it was a WIZARD neck and plays like a dream??

Oh yes and mine has unfaded pickups :) Downside is the previous owner used to put out cigarettes on the side of the body, arrgghh!

#15 ·
GuitarAkuma said:
Not true!

The legendary VDY has a cool vine inlay in matching body colour dayglo yellow, an oiled neck, oh did I mention it was a WIZARD neck and plays like a dream??

Oh yes and mine has unfaded pickups :) Downside is the previous owner used to put out cigarettes on the side of the body, arrgghh!
Putting out cigs on the side of a body? :eek: that's so wrong!

#16 ·
Amy said:
Hey guys,
I feel like a little kid on christmas morning! I just purchased my new (old jem) 777DY and it is my first one , so I really look forward to its arrival.

Here is the link for it, while it is still there for the next few hours:
Please let me know what you guys think-

I think it was maybe maybe a little high, but about the ballpark? Yes?
Awesome. Congrats! ;)

#23 ·
Ant1981 said:
Yea the only thing I wish I could do is clean the fretboard up a bit,
You can ;) Just have it sanded, refretted and refinished. Surely there's someone over there that can do it. If not check Kenny's "My new BFP" thread. Sal Tine will do it for you with excellent results. Unfortunetly he's in N.J., but it would be worth it. Your SK is a beaut and I'd love to see her with a ~CLEAN~ board;)

PM me if you want his contact info.

#24 ·
Ant1981 said:
Yea the only thing I wish I could do is clean the fretboard up a bit, but I'm lucky the paint hasn't faded so bad, I guess that's cos it's always been in its case, never left out in the UV rays of the sunlight to fade.
Shame on you, that guitar was made to be played, not sit in a case for all of its life, if that was mine id show it off whenever i played. A guitar should be like a good book, with lots of stories to tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.