Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Reading label...

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  RG1550GXWB-WM Ltd Edition 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I've got a question for you: is it possible to obtain informations about our guitars by reading the labels? Because I've asked to the man who sold me my RG1550GXWB-WM Limited Edition if it possible to know how many like mine have been made, and he told me that if I took him the label or the serial number he would be able to tell me it! But...the shop is about 50km from my house so...i cannot go there only for a label!
If I post here the label, can you give me informations about my guitar???
I thank you in advance!

The serial number is: F0324947

See less See more
#2 ·
it's japanese made in 2003 (f = fujigen factory, next two digits = the year, and the following numbers, as far as I know, is its number of construction). So that'd be the 24,947th guitar they made that year (i'm unsure if this relates to all guitars from the fujigen factory, or just that model- presumably all guitars, but hopefully someone else can tell you for sure).

#5 ·
RG1550GXWB-WM Ltd Edition said:
I've read somewhere that the last 5 numbers are related to the year! Nothing about the label?
yep, it was made in the year 24,947!

nah, seriously, the first two digits are the year (my rg470 was bought new in 2000, and my first two digits are "00"), while the last digits are the number of the guitar, for that year, from fujigen. EDIT: thanks for clearing that up, gu1tar- i figured they couldn't have made 25000 1550's that year!

#6 ·
dave_mc said:
yep, it was made in the year 24,947!

nah, seriously, the first two digits are the year (my rg470 was bought new in 2000, and my first two digits are "00"), while the last digits are the number of the guitar, for that year, from fujigen. EDIT: thanks for clearing that up, gu1tar- i figured they couldn't have made 25000 1550's that year!
Dave...perhaps I don't have express myself well. (english isn't my first language)
With "the last 5 numbers are related to the year" I meant that the number is related to how many guitars (not only 1550, but all the models) have been made in that year!

#10 ·
Dex in 2004 said me about my guitar
"This RG1550WH was Europe only and 2003 only model (like the RG2820) and you won't be able to find it in any catalogs or anything like that.
Very few of these were made, def less than 1000 and maybe as few as 300.
Funny thing is over here these actually sold for less than the regular RG1550."

But I was curious to know the exact number and the number of mine (ex. #1, #2, .....)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.