Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Ironjose 
#1 ·
hey guys, wassup... how is it hangin´?
Just like i said before i recently got me a RG2550EGK and its a beauty, but i have one question though and this is the place where it can be answered, since all of you have Prestige guitars or most of you do, Is it me, or the neck is freaking wide? or is it that i have small hands? anyways another one: How is it compare to the neck the RG550 have and 1990 model?
thanx
JJ

#2 ·
Well I can't tell ya about a 550 but I imagine its the same as a 570 only with a maple board. I have a 570 with a wizard neck and it is slimmer than these new wizard prestiges. I dunno why they changed them, I love the neck on my 570. I like the new neck too, I have one on my rg20051, but it sucks that it's not as thin. Just be glad you didn't get a wizard 2 neck!

#4 ·
my prestige is still stock, I havn't figured out which pickups to go with yet.
The rg570, i just put in an evo in the bridge and scalloped the last 4 frets. i'm about to order a sustainer for the neck, now that i have a new prestige to play neck pickup stuff on.
So yeah, not too many mods yet, you?

#6 ·
yeah i did. They came out great but i went a little too deep cuz it was my first time and took out a piece of 2 of the inlays so I filled it with expoxy and resanded. I've had this guitar for almost 10 years so I didn't care if I messed up an inlay or if the expoxy matched or not. I did my friends guitar next and it came out nicely.

my first one:

my buddys: (the action was not set up yet! lol)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.