Ibanez JEM Forum banner
13K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  eelblack2 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Deeswift said:
Weird guitar. The fretboard is ridiculous. Finish looks like watermark taffeta. It's best feature is it's reverse headstock. And WTF... no trem...
The guitar buying market right now doesnt want a tremolo system :p. It was once difficult to get a good rg with a fixed bridge. But i agree id rather have a tremolo or a hardtail available on every model.

#13 ·
If it had better pickups, and was made in japan, it wouldve been an improvement for Ibanez. Like this, its just a step backwards. This is just a "OMG Im METALLL!!!" guitar. I have to admit the inalys are nice. Id buy a guitar with a barbed wire inlay if it was good but this is just looks, no quality

#16 ·
I was hoping Ibanez wouldnt crap the RG5xx numbers, but it was kinda obvious since they prestiged up all the japs... still sucks tho...

oh and btw, that one looks like cheap crap... :D

but, i guess when there are korean axes for well over a grand, this shouldnt feel like rape, right?

#17 ·
I can't believe they've tagged that thing with an RG5XX series number. Unbelievable. They should have tagged it an RGR321 because that's really all it is.

People have been asking for Prestige level MIJ hardtail RG's, better colors, and more models with reverse headstocks. So, rather than make something nice, they throw this thing together. It's almost like they're teasing us. Like someone said, "It's not really what they've been asking for, but lets see if they buy it anyway".

If they want to make a new RGR521, here's what it should be; Prestige MIJ, basswood body, flush mount jack, two DIRECT MOUNT humbuckers, 24 fret ORIGINAL WIZARD profile necks with rosewood OR MAPLE fingerboards And, maybe just to be different, offer it with some freakin' color choices. They don't have to be the old neons. Come up with something different. Orange, baby blue, candy apple red. Something to go along with black, BESIDES BLACK! A guitar like that would be worthy of the RG5XX series nameplate.

Come on Ibanez, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU to make it. --Jason

#19 ·
jkahrs said:
I can't believe they've tagged that thing with an RG5XX series number. Unbelievable. They should have tagged it an RGR321 because that's really all it is.

People have been asking for Prestige level MIJ hardtail RG's, better colors, and more models with reverse headstocks. So, rather than make something nice, they throw this thing together. It's almost like they're teasing us. Like someone said, "It's not really what they've been asking for, but lets see if they buy it anyway".

If they want to make a new RGR521, here's what it should be; Prestige MIJ, basswood body, flush mount jack, two DIRECT MOUNT humbuckers, 24 fret ORIGINAL WIZARD profile necks with rosewood OR MAPLE fingerboards And, maybe just to be different, offer it with some freakin' color choices. They don't have to be the old neons. Come up with something different. Orange, baby blue, candy apple red. Something to go along with black, BESIDES BLACK! A guitar like that would be worthy of the RG5XX series nameplate.

Come on Ibanez, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU to make it. --Jason
Spot on.

#20 ·
Oh, i get it, October - halloween - Grim Reaper. I think it's okay, to me the inlay is impressive for 450, it's almost like an evil twin of the vine inlays. Still though, another black guitar to their list. I really don't hope Ibanez does more of these "evil" themed guitars like BC rich. IMO, skulls and flames look cheap. +1 on the reverse headstock

#23 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
I like that they are licensing pickup designs from emg, duncan, and dimarzio I dont consider that half assing it. i just want to see them do away with the powersound, quantum, infinity, v series etc.
They're crap. The Duncans and EMGs. I own an SZ720 or whatever the highest model is, that comes with Duncan/Ibanez pickups in it. High output, but to the point of constant feedback. Mud mud mud mud mud. No matter what setting. It just has this "mud" element to it that cannot be done away with.

I'll plug in my 7421 with an Evolution 7 in it, or my 565 with real EMGs, and instantly the problem is gone.

They are DEFINATELY half-assing the pickups. They get the brand name (EMG, Duncan), but then have crappy pickups made.

The New 7s on the 762x series were pretty much their only stock pickups that were fantastic (though, I was never happy with the bridge pickup. The neck, however, was a pure delight).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.