Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Paris Music Tradeshow

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  acoustic1991 
#1 ·
The Paris Music Tradeshow took place on September 9 till September 12. The event had not taken place since 5 years. What can I say ? Really not exciting. I was not expecting something like the MusikMess and, for sure, like the NAMMs so...in this sense, I was not disapointed. The IBANEZ / TAMA stand was in every way a distributor stand and not a brand / trademark stand. Only SOME of the signature models, seen a thousand of times out there were displayed (JEM BRMR, JS 1200) but there still were some missing (especially no display of the new Euphoria). In terms of limited run models, the only one displayed was the S GIGGER scheduled for the end of that year. The 2670 double neck reissue displayed during the summer NAMM was not there (whereas to my view THIS was an event).

Beyond the context relating to the missing of a national IBANEZ sub company rather than a policy of national distributors, I'm still wondering if this lack of excitment generated by music events is proper to the French approach (I'm really fed up with it) or if this situation also applies to other countries out of Germany (MusikMess) and, for sure, USA.

Very strangely GIBSON was NOT at the Paris Music Tradeshow. The sole stand that was attractive was the FENDER one. Maybe this is due (at least in part) to the existence of FENDER MUSIC FRANCE sub company.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you the above...Can't wait to see (and be ?) what next winter NAMM will excitingly introduce ...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.