Ibanez JEM Forum banner

First gig in over 6 years !!!!

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  mi2tom 
#1 ·
you may know that I stopped playing for about 6 years..... I started agin about a year ago and agreed to dep for a one off 50th birthday party but....

PLAYING THE BASS !!!!

why did I ever agree to it ? anyway, I had a good time and played classics like the rolling stones "brown sugar" and "jonny b goode" - ya gotta love the classics

anyway, im the fella in the union jack Tee

maybe now I should play a gig using the correct amount of strings :p
feels good to have my latest "first" public appearance out of the way

See less See more
#4 ·
I borrowed a westfield bass from my brother - it was horrible.... !
the frets felt as though they were covered in jam and the neck had a convex relief to it, it buzzed like a bastad !
after sorting all that out so that it was playable it sounded OK but... I have to admit that I had (and still have) no idea what the knobs did :lol:
and there was no selector switch !
and it was a bloody long reach to fret #1 !

:lol:

I enjoyed it, playing to 50 year old and their kids !!! - cool... :)

#6 ·
I have an Ibanez SR400, active bass.

An Ibanez, SRXXXX? bass was my first exposure to Ibanez guitars. Our bass player had one and I thought it was the most, guitar (6 string) like bass I had ever played. Low action, Thin neck, Minimal Buzz and it sounded good.

It wasn't too many years after that, I was looking for a new guitar. I tried a, then new, 1990 S540LTD. I bought it. Well, that was 16 years ago. Anyway, your thread reminded me of that.

I haven't played out or with a band or even with another musician (I use that term loosely) in a long time. It must have been cool, at least to some to degree, to be "back in the saddle". And... there is nothing like jammin with a full band, at volume...etc.

BTW..I just pretend to play bass.

Some may say I just pretend to play guitar, as well. :)

#13 ·
thanks, Yea, I used to play live a lot... and was always to be seen gigging regularly at the standard (blackhorse road, walthamstow)
but after putting so much effort into an originals band that broke up before fulfilling its potential I got disheartened and went back to playing rugby...

I love playing live and I very rarely get nervous which makes it all the more enjoyable....
dont really want to repeat the bass thing though, for 2 reasons ....
1. im not a bass player
2. i dont really want to be a bass player :lol:

Jaden.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.