Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Who know how the Buzz Feiten system Works??

5K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  screamndemon69 
#1 ·
What is Buzz Feiten system??
Is it a aftermarket machine??
I really domnt know what it is(maybe i'm stupid??)
Where do you put that thing???

Sorry for the other ones that knows the answer!!

#5 ·
It doesn't give you perfect intonation, as that is impossible with the guitar as we know it. But it improves it greatly. The nut is compensated, and you need to tune each string slightly different. A tuner like the Peterson StroboStomp and many others feature the Feiten "tuning". In short you need to tune the E on each string to be the same (not considering octaves).

The tempered tuning is far from "perfect", and the guitar is even less perfect. So all in all, the Buzz Feiten tuning is meant to keep the guitar more in tune with itself.

You never go back because once the guitar is modified, it's modified. ;)

#14 ·
I am an Authorized retrofitter of the Buzz Feiten Tuning System, in Illinois.
I have the system on all of my guitars and it does greatly improve tuning, chording,harmonics and playing enjoyment all around.

Try this...take a GOOD tuner and tune your guitar as best you can, now play a note on the first fret and look at your tuner......99% of all guitars are sharp..that is compounded as you go up the neck. play an A bar chord....now play a D bar chord...EWW.

With the Feiten system you are more musically in tune everywhere on the neck than any other time and no more tuning the G string and re-tuning depending on what key you play in

Asfar as can't play with a capo......BULL

#15 ·
I am an Authorized retrofitter of the Buzz Feiten Tuning System, in Illinois.
I have the system on all of my guitars and it does greatly improve tuning, chording,harmonics and playing enjoyment all around.

Try this...take a GOOD tuner and tune your guitar as best you can, now play a note on the first fret and look at your tuner......99% of all guitars are sharp..that is compounded as you go up the neck. play an A bar chord....now play a D bar chord...EWW.

With the Feiten system you are more musically in tune everywhere on the neck than any other time and no more tuning the G string and re-tuning depending on what key you play in

Asfar as can't play with a capo......BULL
Cool!

Regards

André

#25 · (Edited)
I have the Feiten on my Suhr. Personally I really like it.

You don't need to tune E's on every string. You only need a special tuner if it becomes necessary to adjust the intonation for some reason. A tuner such as the Korg DT7 has a BTFS mode that has a 12th fret setting for when you might need to adjust intonation.

Its not for every one but it is for me :)

#26 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again

I'm all for Earvana, Buzz Feiten or FretWave (well I'm not but I won't think you are stupid if you had it and boasted about it) if it was on a Taylor 914 or on a Martin 00028 strung with 13s and you were mainly playing an acoustic set but on an electric double locker strung up with 9's and played through tons of gain - I'm affraid is just a gimmick.

#28 ·
JOn Donais signature Face Eraser guitars have this system on.

I always wondered about it, but on the Earvana site, they did a test between the Earvana Nut & the Buzz Feiten System, here's the questions & answers cos i can't post the image.

1- Works with any guitar tuner?- EARVANA- Yes; FEITEN- No.

2- Standard Tuning Set-Ups?- EARVANA- Yes; FEITEN- No.

3- Available without permanent alterations?- BOTH- Yes.

4- Retails for less than $20?- EARVANA- Yes; FEITEN- No (although i would pay more for better quality as i'm sure would most on here, so this question is irrelevent IMO)

5- Playable with a capo?- BOTH- Yes (so that clears that question up if the competitor admits it!!! lmao)

6- Calculated compensation for each string?- EARVANA- Yes; FEITEN- No.

7- End-user installation supported?- EARVANA- Yes; FEITEN- No.

So take from this what you will but it seems as though the Buzz Feiten aint all that IMO.

I STILL don't know exactly what the Buzz is/does 100%. A compensated nut & bridge wouldn't prevent you from using standard tuning, surely?!

EDIT- I didn't think to look on the BUZZ FEITEN website!!!- http://www.buzzfeiten.com/howitworks/howitworks.htm

Of the artists, the only guy i like is Scott Henderson & he aint no mug so it must do SOMETHING, but it looks like alot of bull**** to me.

Just an extra bit of nut cures pitch problems all over the board?- I don't think so Buzz.

#29 ·
my new Washburn N6 has it and it seems to keep better tune than the rest of my guitars that don't have it. at this point i can't say all my other guitars are perfectly intonated but i know the N6 is so i can't give a proper comparison other than YOU HAVE TO TRY IT FOR YOURSELF. i'm a believer so far.
what are people charging to install the Buzz system in a locking guitar?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.