Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Insanity for the next 5 days!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  shredmaster 
#1 ·
I have always been one to take on too much and these next 5 days will be a good test of that. We put the house on the market 2 weeks ago. We got a buyer. Lucky for us with this stupid market. We want to be out asap and they want to be in asap. They want to close on 1/4/2007! This is good and bad. More good than bad though. This just came through last minute.

So in the next 5 days, I must:

1) cancel utilities and homeowners insurance and forward mail someplace.
2) pack entire house. this would be easier if i didn't have pc networks and guitars and amps and the studio and all the photo and video gear setups.
3) get offsite storage (already done.)
4) move entire house into storage (pods unit) this weekend.
5) i have a wedding photo shoot all day on jan 1st. this takes away a day from me.
6) couple video projects to finish up before packing the studio away.

anything i forgot? damn, i don't know but i'm sure i will find out.

See less See more
#5 ·
we had a killer-thorough realtor. she had postcards with photos of the house (which i took) out in the mail within 2 days; bulk mailings, put ads in the papers, had flyers in chicago tribune and networked. sold in 5 days. it was also luck.

with the short notice and the holiday coming up, it looks like it's just us. all weekend we will be packing...me and the wife. my brother will be there on saturday to load furniture. my brother is holding on to the jems and other guitars.....sorry bamm :) i will be taking the jem7vwh with me, and a practice amp. actually, 1/3 of the house is already packed between the last 2 evenings. but as you know, the more you pack, the more stuff multiplies!

on the home front...we have been doing counseling for about 5 weeks now. it is going well. there are good and bad and we always made it through. i'm not saying i liked it and it could be better, and it could be worse. we are getting better at controlling anger when something breaks out and i have gotten better at not flying off the handle at her kids...and still working on it. i don't attribute many changes to the counselor, although he is good. it's just nice to have a "ref" if you will.

and yet in other news.....one of my greatest friends who has been married for 12 years and NEVER ever heard of a fight between them....they may be calling it quits. they just had a house built as well. he said he is tired of doing everything around the place; working, paying bills, housework, etc. she is a great girl but he's tired of mentoring her in everything.

in the meantime we will live with my mother-in-law while we look for a place. not too crazy about that but what can you do.

if anyone wants to help (not really necessary) there will be beer and it would be cool to hang out as well to meet some of you. but in all actuality, i think it will be fine. i have just been packing like a fiend. i'm surprised at how fast it is going. i hate it and it's not fun but i'm keeping my eye on the main picture.

#7 ·
we had a killer-thorough realtor. she had postcards with photos of the house (which i took) out in the mail within 2 days; bulk mailings, put ads in the papers, had flyers in chicago tribune and networked. sold in 5 days. it was also luck.

with the short notice and the holiday coming up, it looks like it's just us. all weekend we will be packing...me and the wife. my brother will be there on saturday to load furniture. my brother is holding on to the jems and other guitars.....sorry bamm :) i will be taking the jem7vwh with me, and a practice amp. actually, 1/3 of the house is already packed between the last 2 evenings. but as you know, the more you pack, the more stuff multiplies!

on the home front...we have been doing counseling for about 5 weeks now. it is going well. there are good and bad and we always made it through. i'm not saying i liked it and it could be better, and it could be worse. we are getting better at controlling anger when something breaks out and i have gotten better at not flying off the handle at her kids...and still working on it. i don't attribute many changes to the counselor, although he is good. it's just nice to have a "ref" if you will.

and yet in other news.....one of my greatest friends who has been married for 12 years and NEVER ever heard of a fight between them....they may be calling it quits. they just had a house built as well. he said he is tired of doing everything around the place; working, paying bills, housework, etc. she is a great girl but he's tired of mentoring her in everything.

in the meantime we will live with my mother-in-law while we look for a place. not too crazy about that but what can you do.

if anyone wants to help (not really necessary) there will be beer and it would be cool to hang out as well to meet some of you. but in all actuality, i think it will be fine. i have just been packing like a fiend. i'm surprised at how fast it is going. i hate it and it's not fun but i'm keeping my eye on the main picture.
Well... I could help as long as I know first what kind of beer you're giving out :lol: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.