Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  ukwan 
#1 ·
Yep, yesterday evening my Cornford Hellcat head and matching 2x12 were delivered to the house.

To cut a long story short, it's freakin' awesome. The vintage channel has the most beautiful cleans I have ever heard, which just very gently break up into that ballsy, classic british tone. The modern channel rocks hard, some of the best gain you've ever heard, and as much of it as you could ever want.

My only complaint is that the Evos sound a tad harsh on the settings I've tried so far. Thinking switching back to tens will probably sort that much out. Might not even be a problem at all when the amp is allowed to breathe a bit more.

I intend on making a video to showcase the tone a bit. Won't be too soon, but won't be too far into the future.

#10 ·
BB Preamps from Xotic are awesome overdrives and endorsed by a number of great players. I bought one after trying a friends of mine. Adds a lot of versatility to my Mesa Boogie Lonestart Classic 2X12. I can now have four tones from Fender clean, to a slight crunch, to a heavy crunch, to a high gain. I've also heard a lot of good things about the Keeley and Analogman modded pedals, the Fulltone OCD, and the Jeckyl & Hyde.

#11 ·
What........no pics???:rolleyes:

So now when you get your band together you can name it "Harry and the Hellcats" :razz:

Awesome Tommy:) So the *tick tock* period is FINALLY over. I can't even imagine all that time playing Natalie without electricity:?

Congrats bro and get to workin on that vid!

And as far as tone, I only have one plural word: BREEDS :)

#17 ·
I play alot of different things really. Probably the best way to describe me would be as a rock guitarist with some fusion influences. If you took one part Richie Kotzen, and one part Eric Johnson, mixed it and made it much suckier, you might get fairly close to what I play.

The vintage channel is definitely where the best cleans are, Dire Straits/Eric Johnson style cleans are easy, but you can definitely get some good classic overdriven sounds out of it. Pretty much just what it says it is, a classic British channel. The modern channel is the best British high gain sound I've ever heard, you'd make Paul Gilbert jealous with one of these. The reverb is pretty damn tastey too.

I don't see the point of posting pictures of an amp to be bloody honest (even if it is the most awesome blood red colour), but when I get the time, I'll take some to humour you all.

#21 ·
You dont buy something and then call someone to come check it out? even though they know what it is?

Its called sharing in the enjoyment.. What seperates jemsite from other forums is were more than a bunch of people on a forum were like a group of friends.. And when a friend buys something new we want to see it. If its common or not.

#22 ·
Its called sharing in the enjoyment.. What seperates jemsite from other forums is were more than a bunch of people on a forum were like a group of friends.. And when a friend buys something new we want to see it. If its common or not.
Exactly! ;)

So lets see the pics of that ~blood ORANGE~ amp, Tommy??? :)

And if you decide to include yourself and Natalie, please don't forget your "Wizards Cape"!!!

I know you won't let us down :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.