Ibanez JEM Forum banner
4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Dee 
#1 ·
770DX reissue please. For what its actually worth (£500-£600).

Cheers.

#2 · (Edited)
Hell yes. If they did it, it'd be more than the price you suggested, though. My RG750 was £789 or something 19 years ago. I think we're talking more like £1000.

Consider the RG550 20th. £849 UK list price. With the 770's inlays, colour-matched IBZ pickups and possibly the AANJ, we're looking at £999 UK list price.

In the USA, list would probably be $1,299, and street price $999.

#9 ·
Yeah its weird. I first "discovered" it about 3 years ago and didn't even know the proper model name until about a year ago...

They need to do this. It needs to have AANJ, Edge Pro and Original neck.

It needs to be £599 RRP.

And I need one in each colour. I'm not a collector, I play everything I buy (I think its sort of lame tbh..) but I'd still have one of each.

#13 ·
Miserable bastards. :(

I just looked at the spec sheet and then look at the current "mid range" prestige line and took it from there.

I lothe "limited editions". The new DY for example, why not simply bring it back (and not stiff us in the UK while they are at it)?

When I'm a Billionaire in a few years time I'll be buying Ibanez, and you'll all be getting whatever reissues you want to buy. :p :D

#14 ·
If you don't like the prices, simply source from abroad! It's as much the UK distributer's fault as it is Ibanez's.

I personally love limited editions it allows change in the yearly line up and the release of guitars that if they weren't limited editions, wouldn't ever be released. Would you rather have 500 RG550s re-released, or none at all?

Oh and if you like the idea of the RG770DX with an AANJ, look up an RG670DX which replaced the 770.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.