Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Evolution common to feedback?...

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sleepyone 
#1 ·
I was talking to this guy the other day who repairs guitars and said that he gets alot of complaints about the Dimarzio Evolution pickup being prone to alot of feedback, I dont own any axe with these pickups so could someone be kind enough to clear this up?

#4 ·
the dual-resonance design coupled with the facts that it's so freakin high output and people run the gain at like 8-10 all the time.

I wouldn't say it's the pickup itself, it's more the user not knowing how to
"unfeedback" their rig properly. AKA where to stand, less gain, actually using a volume knob (people don't get the fact that when they don't play... they can turn the volume knob down and NOT get feedback! *shocked* what a concept!), the use of noise gates etc.

#5 ·
I own a Evo equipped S470 and it can deliver some of the most beautiful note-to-feedback I've heard...natural, not harsh and you don't need mass amounts of volume to get it...RSVampire is right,there are a lot of things to take in consideration, pickups are just a part of the equation...some people install Steve Vai pups and expect to sound as good as him just like that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.