Ibanez JEM Forum banner

A New discovery in hand made guitars...

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  ChopTart 
#1 ·
Last year i heard a rumor that there was some guy who made guitars and bases, but until last friday i started to believe, the guy is a luthier that mades guitars and bases by hand!!! a hand made guitar or bass its truly a craftmanship effort.
Here is the link, check it out and feel free to give some feedback about it.
http://www.iglesiasguitars.com/instruments.html
There are some interesting points and issues that dont quite fit in my head, but it could be true.
JJ

#2 ·
I find this kinda wierd, "These bridge pieces never need to be adjusted again. they are built at their exact tonal positions and the instrument will stay on-tune and on perfect intonation permanently.". What if you change string gauge or tuning? Is this some magically universal bridge setting that makes all tuning's and string gauges perfectly intonated?

#17 ·
and for the record, yesterday i went to visit him and i asked him why he didnt use a truss rod on his necks, he told me that the wood he uses was as hard as a rock and that they didnt bend... as he was explaining me that he grab a bass guitar and he put it on the floor, then he searched for a wooden block and put it below the headstock then he stood and kind of jumped on the neck, a few times and the wood didnt even get a scratch... nor bowed... tha is amazing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.