Ibanez JEM Forum banner

How Much Difference A Cab Makes?

Tags
mesa cab
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  reguv760 
#1 ·
I have a Mesa 3/4 back 2x12 cab with 90watt speakers. I've had several amps and I never get the tone I want. Since I've tried so many heads, I'm wondering if it's my cab. Would a closed back cab with Vin 30's make a worth while difference?

I currently have a Mesa F-30 head.

#2 ·
If it's the cab I'm thinking about, I'm pretty sure you can order a panel from Mesa to make your cab 100% closed. Either that, or try cutting a piece of 1/2" thick plywood or MDF and close it off yourself. If you're not satisfied with the result, try one of the Avatar 2x12 cabs.

#4 ·
Just like guitars, the wood and construction makes alot of difference... definitely close the cabinet first before changing speakers... those 90W Black Shadows are great speakers that is based from the Classic Lead which is definitely brighter than much warmer sound of a V30. If you like the V30's better, i'd be interested in grabbing the old ones from ya :)

Reg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.