Ibanez JEM Forum banner

What makes you smile??

18K views 170 replies 60 participants last post by  JungleFender 
#1 ·
Hey folks.

With all the negativity and shortage of smiles going on in the world, I thought I'd start a simple thread where people could share (if they feel so inclined) what makes them smile and feel good about things, themselves, life, existance, etc, etc:)

A positive thread :)

And please remember that there is more to life than sex!!!!!!

Did I just say that???? Gawd I must be getting old:lol:

Oh..and no pics of guitars allowed:razz: Lol....j/k:lol:

What makes you ~smile~ ?? :rolleyes:

#6 ·
Lol...you guys are such dorks:lol:

I'm talking about the simple things....like...the smell of the pines in the brisk morning air, or a brilliant sunset...or....or...or........the smell of mothballs....or....

:lol:

Here are a few things that make me happy:

My kiddos :)

Special women that like cheap beer (I'm so dead:lol:)

Flowers! They save your arse every time;O)

#16 ·
Not that this makes me smile, but ~HEALING~ (whether mental or physical is a good thing:) )

and most of all what makes me smile is knowing that (contrary to popular belief) there are VERY many good people everywhere:)

Rock on you guys n' gals!! You rule!!!!!

*Peace, love and good happiness stuff* ;)

#17 ·

I get a good giggle everytime my youngest pup hears my roommate come in from outside. She'll bark like someone is breaking in and run to the door....as if she's going to do something about it. And he, of course, yells, "Shut the hell up you dumb POS dog!" She does it EVERY single time. It gets old to him, but I think it's hilarious! :lol:

#36 ·
Getting bigger everyday.

Awesome Adam, she's getting bigger everyday! Hopefully she stops growing before you become a viable food source:lol:

My life sucks huge monkey balls right now so hopefully it'll give some much needed inspiration
Sorry to hear that Davey! Chin up my friend:)

If pictures speak a thousand words, then music and how you interpret it are limitless. That should bring a smile to anyone's face! ;)
Woo hooo, awesome playing (as usual) gotta love Guth! I had the pleasure of spending a couple summers with him in Britian:) Great guy and great guitarist! Eh....Is it just me...or is he looking a bit older? :razz:

Now I'm double dead:lol:

Rock on you guys!!! thanks for participating!

#32 ·
My little Sofia

Awww....Right on Max!!! That's got to be about the cutest pic I've ever seen:O):O)

Waking up every day and realizing it's a new challenge =

Wow....that's cool!!! and......nice statement for an old guy like you mikey:razz: Hey have you ever tried "LIFE" cereal??? :rolleyes:

Now thats the nicest picture of your VSBL that I've ever seen!
Wow....thanks ~D, I believe you have just saved my arse:lol:

My daughter, Kiana, 12yrs old

Um....Bones.......I hope you realize you'd better get a shotgun.......or at least a slingshot:D

#26 · (Edited)
Nice thread. Cool idea JJEMMER

When I'm onstage playing a solo improvising just watching my hands and listening to things I've never played before and I pull it off in front of an audience.... I get goosebumps. It is like an out of body experience.

I like when the music is greater than the sum of players - playing for the music is EVERYTHING.

My kids make me smile. My GF makes me smile (6yrs together as of last Sat 8O). 12/9/07*amendment: she no longer makes me smile :(

My son Brandon, 10yrs old

My daughter, Kiana, 12yrs old

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.