Ibanez JEM Forum banner

im confused

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  7@6-stringBUTCHER 
#1 ·
im confused on what to get either a ibanez thermion Cab($800.00&Straight)
or a jackson 7-string COW in silverburst($1,049.00)

the reason im confused is beacuse ive been looking for a new cab for about three months now and the thermion is celestion loaded and macthes my ibanez toneblaster head that i just got.
And ive been looking for a Jackson Cow forever(not literally) that is 7-string of course

and if i buy one then i have to wait another 4-6 monthes before i can buy the other

Hopefully This Will Help
(this is what is currently in my rig)
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate Cab (not full size)(same size as the marshall mg cabs)
Ibanez Rg 7321 (modded)
Dean CFH (trem Blocked)
And if this helps the sound i have is the same as Jon-Diecast

#2 ·
Okay, here is how I'd play this....

1) There is like a $200+ difference between the two. So, the the cheaper cab first, however, haggle your balls off and try and get it for less.

2) So if you have the 1049 for the jackson (because its the most money of the two) you will have around 200 to 300 dollars left over once you get the cab first.

3) Thereofore this is what you will have to start when you get the jackson, 200 to 300 dollars. This means you need 700 to 800 dollars to get the jackson. You could sell the 7321 and the crate cab - I have no idea how much for but it would be something!

Or you could reverse the steps and get the jackson first.....

Life is full on interesting and fun choices, so go out there and go for it before the chance slips away!

Chris

#8 ·
question is: which do you need sooner? can you wait on the cab, or wait on the guitar? i personally have plenty of both. in my personal position, i have 3 cabinets. just looking for another straight to match my others, so if you have a good cab now, stick with it. get the axe. now if you have an awesome 7 now, but feel the cab is holding you back, get the cab. for $800, though, you can get 2 cab's. for $1049, 2 great cabs. as for the COW 7, try to find the ibanez ones with the 707's. not trying to knock the COW, but the ibanez will be more versatile and rare...for around the same amount of cash.

rich

#10 ·
i read all of the responses i am undecided,but instead of getting the ibanez cab it will be a carvin v3 cab if i decide on getting the cab.
if you guys have any suggestions for a different guitar let me now
it must have:single bridge and 7-string,if you happen to find an ibanez like that PM me

#13 ·
do you mean single bridge pickup?? if so, why??I knwo everyone has their own tastes, but having a neck humbucker doesn't affect the tone of the bridge in the least if you leave only the bridge selected, plus then you have it down the road.

If you didn't mean single bridge pickup, then i have no idea what you are talking about becuase every guitar has a single bridge, with the exception of double necks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.