Ibanez JEM Forum banner

bidding frenzy on RG770

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  martysea 
#1 ·
I know everyone is after one of these but....! Could be a record...! 160254946243 You know where about 39 hrs and counting.

#2 ·
I am all over that one like white on rice, but I feel it is getting a bit out of hand.

I may step back and watch, because another will come available sooner or later.

Personally, I think the seller is having his buddies bid it up because of the demand.

I offered him $700 first, then $1200 and all of a sudden it seems to be skyrocketing.

is it worth that much?

#5 ·
That guitar is WAY overpriced. The highest I've seen a 770DX go in the last year and a half was $975. I can see maybe $1,200 for somebody who just HAS to have a purple one, but come ON. This is just stupid. Even the mighty Ko dropped out at $578.88. The winner better buy it and keep it forever, 'cause they'll never get their money back out of it.

#7 ·
you know, he could be scammer just driving up prices, which means the seller was stupid not to take my offer of $1200, which is more than I want to pay, but I already have the red and the blue and this would complete the colletion of Dx's.

Another one will pop up, at a more reasonable price.

#11 ·
Man thats better normality Takes over I've been known to put In the Od stupid bid that was out of control.....
My brother has a red 770 it came with Gilbet F holes on it made in the USA, Hollywood address, I think that is the address from the back of the neck plate custom shop in Hollywood or where they assemble them and add some custom touches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.