Ibanez JEM Forum banner
5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Andy J Dampier 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Vai Paris Pics!

One thing I found cool (because I'm a dork...)...EVO is back with an actual 7VWH neck. (Maybe not alder, but the headstock is white). That's something we haven't seen since 97'.

The only thing original on it now is the body and the pick-ups. (Even then...I know Steve has done work with them since their inception, like putting 250K pots instead of 500K).
I was thrown off at first, thinking it was just EVO II, then I saw the black hardware, and an Edge, instead of a LoPro.

You'd think if he prefered an Edge on his favorite guitar, he'd change all his guitars to Edge's. If Ibanez produced an Edge-7, I'd be a happy man. (Tracking down the few that were made in the early 90's can be hard...).

Anyways, good to see the guitar out again, it's been in use for nearly 10 years. You can tell it's had some touch up work done to it, as half the chips on the lower body part aren't there anymore....wow...maybe my 7V is now the most beat to hell one I've ever seen...

(Edited by Andy J Dampier at 10:44 am on Dec. 7, 2001)

#9 ·
Vai Paris Pics!

Hey guys I'm glad that you all like the pics and the movies but I want to stress that they are not from me, I don't take any credit for their existence, I merely posted them from the Vai yahoo list which I subscribe to. The guy you should be thanking is fredlight_2000, his website is http://fredlight.free.fr

Glad that you all like 'em!

:)

Chris.

(Edited by Christopher Chen at 2:40 pm on Dec. 7, 2001)

#11 ·
Vai Paris Pics!

Can we talk about that double neck bass for a moment?

I looked pretty closely and couldn't see any difference between the 2 necks or pickups other than the reverse head on the bottom one.

Is Billy Sheehan just a glutton for punishment? does he enjoy toting a 30 lb instrument around his neck?

Rock 'n roll, i guess :sarcasm:

~Kenny

#15 ·
Vai Paris Pics!

I was about to post about Evo's new 'standard' 7V neck, and saw Andy's... interesting, with that black hardware on it.
Is that a black Edge on there now? I was wondering about that from some pics a while back (before the neck was changed again)...
The crack at the corner of its neck pocket looks pretty dangerously long...

Andy - can you perhaps post a pic or three of your 7VWH, in all its beaten-up glory?
War scarring like that always fascinates me. It becomes the personality of the instrument.

#18 ·
Vai Paris Pics!

I've noticed EVO's bridge changes go along with Steve's mood at the time I'm guessing. The Bad Horsie ads sport the original necked EVO with an Edge, but I have a 97' Guitar mag with Satch, Kenny Wayne and Vai on the cover, EVO has the black headstocked neck with a Lo-Pro.

That was also the last time I saw EVO with a gold bridge. Shortly after that (August Guitar mag), pics were taken in Oct. 97' and EVO had a black chrome Edge.

I'm trying to get my friend's digital camera now so I can snag some pics. I wouldn't say it's beat to hell and back, the neck definitely got the brunt of the abuse it's gotten in the past. (I'm much more careful ever since it got cracked). There are tons of finish scratches on the back from where my old belt used to scuff it a bit. A few dings here and there...hopefully I can get the camera today.

#20 ·
Vai Paris Pics!

kennydoe on 12:57 am on Dec. 8, 2001
Can we talk about that double neck bass for a moment?

I looked pretty closely and couldn't see any difference between the 2 necks or pickups other than the reverse head on the bottom one.

Is Billy Sheehan just a glutton for punishment? does he enjoy toting a 30 lb instrument around his neck?

Rock 'n roll, i guess :sarcasm:

~Kenny
I'm just guessing, but I bet the two necks are just so he has quick acces to different tunings. Anyone else have an idea?

#21 ·
Vai Paris Pics!

More beat-up JEM news:

Upon opening my JEM case lastnight and pulling the guitar out...I found not one...not two...not three...not even four..but 5 scrapes on the body, around the front edges that are down to the bare wood. I put the guitar in the case without really looking at it, and it was on a stand before that, I'm guessing someone let the cats into my room, (a cat in my room goes over as well as a fart in church...), and found the guitar lying face down sometime later and picked it up.

These are very noticable scratches, and for once, I'm angry about how bad it got messed up this time. NOW I'll start saying it's beat to Hell.

There's one on the top horn, bottom horn, lower body on the bottom, and then right at the arm rest point, where my right arm is placed, there are 2 nice scrapes...(not to mention the pre-existing ones...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.