Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Question about bridge routing/flexibility

852 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  albee1952 
#1 ·
I was wondering - Has anyone here ever specified a body made with a Route for the ZR?

And, if so, does anyone have info on how much leeway there is to route the bridge slightly further forward than normal without running into intonation problems?

I've been doing some thinking, and while my S2170 body is great, I would give very serious thought to having an Alder body instead of mahogany, routed for a super wizard neck from an RG, with the ZR bridge. But I'd also like a little more range on the ZR's trem, so routing it 1mm further forward or so would help with this, would it not, since the intonation would then be further back on the baseplate and hence further from the pivot.

Are there any builders here who could help me on this and discuss some details and pricing with me?
----------------
Now playing: Soundgarden - Full On (Reprise)
via FoxyTunes

#2 ·
The only thing I would consider would be to remove the rubber pad and deepen the route by 1-2mm on the back to get a little more pullup. I would not attempt anything else you described on a good body. I don't think moving the pivot point bolts would alter the range. I would love to see an RG with a ZR trem but don't have the time to build one from scratch. If I did, I would probably buy a beat up s470 and disassemble the body so I could create templates from the factory route. Just my 2 cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.