Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Can I use these saddles for the Ibanez Original Edge trem?

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  8 Big Tubes 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I have read that those will fit the Edge, but I have never tried them.

I have to ask why you would want them?
No reason really. I was just wondering.

Some of the finish on the saddles of my gold Edge have begun to wear so I was thinking of using those instead of buying OEM Ibanez gold saddles again. The whole string saving thing sounds kinda cool too don't you think?

#5 ·
I've decided against buying them. They look very different from the saddles on the Edge and I don't want to **** up the feel of the trem that I'm already very used to.

It's just that Ibanez OEM parts are SOOOO expensive. USD$20 for one Lo-Pro Edge saddle and USD$24 for one Original Edge saddle!

Any ideas where I can score some for cheaper?

#10 ·
I feel your pain, but the prices just keep getting higher. The list price on a bare Edge saddle is now $25.

I usually recomend jusy paying a few more dollars and buying a complete replacement trem [without the install kit], it at least makes you feel like you got your money's worth ;)

#12 ·
You need gold? That's too bad. Everything gold Edge is long discontinued, why the higher prices. That is the full kit though. They're also not perfect. This was a batch found in the warehouse a couple years ago, whoever cleaned the conmoline off the baseplates left them slightly scratchy when viewed under strong light [although nobody that bought one has said they could see them].

#14 ·
Change the hardware to chrome, you'll pay more up front, but if you keep it clean it'll last you 20 years +.

Gold LP's are on back order. I have one that is very clean but slightly scratchy, another with plate wear to the saddles. I rook pics of both last night for an Aussie that was looking for a gold LP so email if you want them.

#17 ·
I can just picture it now. Chrome will look sexy as hell!

I was thinking of buying the Edge, locking nut and pressure pads from you.

The screws I can probably get from Stew Mac.

I've gotten gold pickguard screws from them before so I assume that the switch screws that they have should work fine as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.