Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 40 Results
  1. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Hey guys, Sorry for a potentially stupid question, I purchased this guitar a few years back and I'm looking for some info on it. I've done some research online and found some conflicting answers. All I know is that this guitar was made in the 70's according to the original owner. Any...
  2. Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear
    Hey all, I grabbed a sweet RG550 in black. SN dates to 1998. I came across a deal on a red 2770, decided to grab it while the grabbing was good, so I am willing to let the 550 go, mainly to defray the cost of the new guitar. Bridge is in excellent shape, guitar is well played, but no issues that...
  3. Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods
    Hey everyone, I just got a new Ibanez Genisis RG550 and also picked up some Gravity Storm pickups. I kept the original middle pick and wired the guitar this way. Gravity Storm pickups: black + white wires taped together, red to correct positions on the switch. Left the middle pickup wired as it...
  4. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    https://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop4764/DS04222973/ Is Ibanez reissuing(again) these models? Seriously they should just make these guitars a permanent in their lineup. Kinda like an in between between Prestige and Standard models and totally ditch the Premiums.
  5. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Thanks guys. We are really stoked to have found it!
  6. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Hello, I'm new here , this is my first post so sorry if this is not in the correct place or smth, my apologies, I've been surfing the internet looking for some info about a guitar I saw in a Spanish forum, the seller says it's a rg460. OK. -It has an edge tremolo -Maple fretboard -The serial...
  7. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    I think that: 1. this was made in 1994 because the guitar carries the later V7 neck and V8 bridge pickups 2. it has a Wizard neck 3. the bridge is a Lo Pro Edge Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo 4. the neck is maple 5. the body is basswood but perhaps someone can confirm on all these points. There...
  8. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Hi all I nearly bought this RG550 but was unsure it was correct Serial number F337548, which makes it 1993 The body had an AANJ, recessed jack socket A shiny Ibanez logo "RG Series" on the headstock LoPro Edge tremolo (I think) Was this a bleeding edge 1993 model, or just one made from...
  9. Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear
    selling early 90's ibby rg550 CAR.. all original with maple neck and ibanez molded hs case great player guitar.. typical wear on maple fretboard.. couple paint chips around edges of body check out craigs boston for pictures... http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/5061986409.html $425...
  10. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    What's up with Ibanez only making NEW RG550's for the Japanese market and NOT the US?
  11. Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear
    Hey folks, I'm interested in buying a used RG550 body.. Would have to be an early one as I would like to use a neck from a 91' 560 that had a square heel neck joint. I am not interested in the color or condition. As long as there isn't huge chips in it. I'm looking at having it converted into...
  12. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Dear all, After working on my guitar for the last couple of weeks here are some tiny pics of the results which I hope you will like. I want to thank this forum for the great tips people have given! It is an original 2000 RG550 EX with exchanged pickguard and electronics. I started to hate the...
  13. Pickups & wiring
    Hello everyone! I'm Gabriele and i'm a new member of the forum :smile: I've an Ibanez rg550 20th anniversary but i don't like her pickups, I would like to put the pickups that have the same characteristics of psnd but with more quality, so what pickups do you recommend ? Thanks a lot guys...
  14. Get verified by [Post New Thread] to participate
    Hi. I want to upgrade my stock ibanez pickups but i am still new to the whole pickups business. What pickups do you recommend for an ibanez rg 550. I am into stuff like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden. So basically I want pickups that give a nice lead tone, but also...
  15. Players, Bands, Sounds, Tours, Lessons & Theory!
    hi guy'z , it's my new demo with my '92 ibanez rg 550 lefthand : hope you enjoy and have a nice day
  16. Off Topic Lounge
    Here's a pic I made yesterday...
  17. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    this damn website wont let me post links its the ibanez rg550 pricing on ebay it says rg550 before 1990 are rare so is the 1990 rg550 laser blue rare? or the 1991 im not sure which year it is ill know when i see it at my dads this week. what im pretty much asking is a ibanez rg550 1989 dy...
  18. Ibanez Rg550mxx Black

2007 Ibanez rg550 reissue Black
1-18 of 40 Results