Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 92 Results
  1. Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods
    I recently got a 1998 JS100 via eBay with a missing trem arm (the trem is blocked with a Tremolo-no system). The Ibanez part number for said arm is 2CL21B. Are there also 3rd party term arms that will fit this one?
  2. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Hi folks! First of all, I'm new in the forum, so greetings to all. I have a JS100 with a Edge Pro II and I want to replace with a good tremolo. I like the Schaller Lockmeister, but I don't know if it fits into the body without any modification. Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance!
  3. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Sorry this post will be a little wordy, but this has been many years in the making so get your popcorn out. So I started to play guitar in 1998 after trying to play bass unsuccessfully for 8 months, due in part to me having small hands and realising bass players get no chicks. I had been...
  4. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Ive had this for a little while now, but just got the last few mods done, so i felt i'd better get some photos up. Always wanted a JS, i used to lust over a blue JS1000 in my local shop years ago... ive actually gone off the blue a bit now though... now a white one.... yes please. Anyway, saw...
  5. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    So I was wondering if the Edge Pro can be used to replace the Edge III in my JS100? Is it a direct drop in or does it need extra routing, and also are the threads of the posts the same thickness. Thanks
  6. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Hi guys! I badly need help... i accidentally drop my js100 guitar a week ago and it broke the neck from the head i tried to seek help to repair it but they told me it is unrepairable... any of you guys know where can i acquire a second hand js100 neck? tried on ebay but was'nt able to find it...
  7. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Hey guys. So, i know its widely know that the low pro-trs sucks. Guess what. It does. I bought a used JS100 from 2009, and the knife edges are worn out, so OFC the tuning stability is like **** and i need a new tremolo bridge. My question is: What is the best quality tremolo bridge for the...
  8. Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear
    $750 SHIPPED Please call/txt and I can send you pictures or you can come see in person if you are local to Michigan. Will not let me post links or pictures because of post count. I don't post here much because I made my username here while doing research back when I was looking to make this...
  9. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    After months of reading the copious amounts of information on this site as well as these forums, I thought I'd offer up my first "mod" post. I recently picked up a 1998 JS100 of off eBay for a song and have spent the last month or so getting to know it. I'm mostly a hobby player but I've...
  10. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    I recently picked up a used '99 JS100 that I've been gradually replacing all the chrome hardware with black. The '98 JS100 came with the Lo-TRS II trem and, after a LOT of research on this forum, it seemed to be universally reviled, with many people opting to replace it with a Gotoh 1996T Floyd...
  11. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Hello! I am interesting in buying a new guitar but with a locking tremolo (Floyd Rose)! I saw the JS100 and it isn't too expensive. So i am asking you which guitar with Floyd Rose to buy. The title says Fender too 'cause i also liked that Fender
  12. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Hi all, Just being a bit lazy here and not doing my own research! Can someone tell me the "best" pickup combination to fire into a JS100 to get an authentic satch tone? Cheers, S!
  13. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    I'm new to the Ibanez world and got a JS100 a month or so ago. I have already managed to round off the hex socket on one of the string block locking screws and need to get a new one. I'm not sure whether I have an Edge Pro 2 or an Edge III though and the part numbers for the screw are different...
  14. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    First off I'm a newb to the site and have searched 75 or so pages looking for info on this but can't seem to find what I need. Even checked Youtube but found nothing on the subject. Here's my situation: I have an older JS100 and I'm looking to install an Edge Pro trem. I have seen mention...
  15. Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic
    My future apologies if this is in the wrong section, I just couldn't find any place for it!! So, the title basically says it all. I have a choice of getting a JS100, or the RG 25th anniversary, the premium one in Nuclear yellow. I've seen some people talk about the negatives of each guitar...
  16. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Sorry if comparing a GRGA42TQA to a JS100 offends anyone. First a bit of about myself. I used to play the guitar a little but when I moved into the US 12 years ago, I sold my gear back home and never picked it up again. I started toying with the idea of buying a guitar, amp, etc a couple of...
  17. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Hey guys--quick question...I have 2 guitars, a JS 100 with upgraded Fred/Joe pickups and a MIJ Charvel San Dimas HH Pro Mod. Love them both for various reasons, but the main ones are the body of the JS (which fits me perfectly) and the awesome feel of the maple neck and fretboard of the SD. My...
  18. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Helo people! I have a question.... Joe & company put on JS guitar fender 9.5 type-o neck... Which is smaller than RG and JEM guitar.,.. I have 2 different guitars - RG 550 and Stratocaster....I find out that it is easier for me to play stratocaster cause I have smaller hands and even smaller...
  19. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Hey everyone--quick question here... I've got a JS100 (yeah I know, flame away) but it has the upgraded Joe/Fred combo so it does okay for what I need. But what I REALLY love is that thin, rounded body shape. So I'm Jonesing big time for another guitar. My Jackson experiment was a failure...
  20. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    I saw a Donnie thread earlier today and thought that I'd post up my own that I did last week. It's not meant to be a copy, more of an "inspired by" job, for fun. I started out thinking I would do a Black Dog, then I started changing things, added some colors and ran with a slightly Donnie type...
1-20 of 92 Results