Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 500 Results
  1. Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods
    Hi everyone, I still don't get too used to my RG550, even though I replaced the original v7/v8 pickups with a Dimarzio set, still can't find the sound/tone I really like. Besides that, in order to improve sustain, or tone, do you think edge tremolo worth replacing the mass/block? I was thinking...
  2. Pickups & wiring
    Hello everyone, I am a bit disappointed after the swap/upgrade of the v7/v8 Ibanez pickups on the RG550 Genesis guitar. But I want to hear from others that know these pickups set. I like the sound of them a bit more if they are high very close to the strings, apparently that way it has cool...
  3. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    I think it's from 1989 or 1990, obviously used to be yellow. Seems to have been stored in a basement for the past 30 years, and is just flat out nasty. But I got it for next to nothing, so hey! project time. On the good side, it has actually very little fret wear. Neck is straight. Looks like...
  4. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Hey guys, so one of my mutual friends has this Ibanez RG570 - serial number dates it to 1991. However, as you can probably tell there's some rather unique things about the guitar. 1) Painted Neck - it matches the body color and has the same Ibanez style where they lacquer up to a specific...
  5. Pickups & wiring
    The '87 run of RG550-DY comes with V1 V2 and S1 pickups. I bought mine used and already upgraded but i was searching infos on the original pickups and i came across some headache On the catalog photos they have, one row of block poles, one row of slotted poles and No Logos, let's call it...
  6. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    I bought a pile of bits quite a few years ago - a 1990 DY RG550 neck which had been sawn at the body end and a block bonded on to fit a different body, some of the hardware all quite corroded, a bit of electronics (only the middle pickup which was junk as were the cheap pots) and the neck with...
  7. Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic
  8. Players, Bands, Sounds, Tours, Lessons & Theory!
  9. Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear
    Wanted to see if i can get a feeler for price on this. I've seen these go for around 7 or 8 bills, but seems the finish may fetch more $: Bruised, battered and scarred but HARD. I've had this guitar since 92, 2nd owner. Purchased at Sam Ash in Cherry Hill NJ. Hasn't been played much over...
  10. Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods
    Hi everyone, My guitar is 20 years old and during all these years it has been used quite a lot. It's time to change the bridge because it has problems with keeping the tune after using a whammy bar. Knives were sharpened but there are still few more parts to change and they're not easily...
  11. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Just got this lovely 1993 with AANJ & lo pro edge. But what’s the color? It was advertised as Emerald Green but there’s nothing green about this color. I’ve owned Lazer Blue before in my old 565, and this isn’t quite that either. I’ve seen Electric Blue in the 1994 catalog- could this be a 1993...
  12. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Just got this RG body from my local classifieds for a reasonable price (i think?) and the seller said it was a RG550 body. My idea was to "upgrade" my RG450 with this body just because I prefer the upper neck access on the RG5xx's models compared to the 4xx's. I also prefer the barrel jack but...
  13. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Well, it looks like I have misplaced my original tremolo arm. Given the guitar is over 31 years old, I wonder where it is. So i guess the quickest way to find it, is to order one. I have seen some horrendous prices on Ebay, of @ $100. The Ibanez site is more reasonable, but there are so many to...
  14. Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models
    Hi, How often do you change frets for your RG? (I changed frets for my stratocaster and it was very pricey.) I am now looking for a used 80/90s RG550, but might buy a new one just to make sure I get 100% new frets. Thank you!
  15. Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods
    Hi! I am looking for a black H-S-S pickguard for a RG550. Is for my 1990 RG550, so volume pot/knob is a little further from bridge pickup than the earlier runs. Anyone know of a shop making these? Thanks! Nikki :)
  16. Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic
    Good afternoon everyone. Long time lurker here, and I hate this to be my first post. Also I want to apologize beforehand in case this is the wrong topic :). In a nutsell, I purchased a guitar from private seller three months ago. Sadly, I have to report it missing.
  17. Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear
    For sale is my vintage made in Japan Ibanez RG 750! This guitar is from the late eighties (1987-1889) and has been my main guitar for a while now. It shreds better than a lot of new RG's that I have tried out and I hate to sell it. Pictures on my Reverb listing as I can't post pictures on this...
  18. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Hey folks, I need some help choosing between two RG550s. I found a used 20th anniversary 2007 RG550mxx for $840 used. There is also a new 2019 RG550dx in the store nearby for $1100, no case or gig bag. Just as a background I hope to play a lot of 80s era hard rock, e.g. Mick Mars, Randy Rhoads...
  19. Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear
    As the title says. I prefer DY. The body can be any condition. The worn the better. Bodies with hard ware will be considered. I found my old 550 neck and going to get the Nut crack fixed and build a guitar around it. It was my first Ibby. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Cr7zuqeyLbxToctn6
  20. All Other Guitars (including Prestige)
    Here's one you don't encounter very often. A vintage 1991 RG550 in JEWEL BLUE. Not even sure if I've ever seen an Ibanez catalog listing it as a color option, but maybe it's out there. My guess is that this model/color combo was mainly sold in greater Asia. Nevertheless, it's in superb...
1-20 of 500 Results