Jemsite - View Single Post - 2010 Ibanez Compliments & Criticisms
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Inzane

Re: 2010 Ibanez Compliments & Criticisms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
They gave you a Prestige RG fixed bridge, the 1451. Not 1 person has even asked about it.

So there's what reason they should make fixed bridge RG's when NOBODY is buying them?
That's why I added the "is Ibanez just responding to market demand?" to the end of my post. I guess you are basically answering that question.

I know they added the RG1451 this year. But how long has that gap existed prior? Based on your observation so far this year, I guess that is why there hasn't been a fixed RG most of the time. Is it safe to assume they are testing the waters right now?

For myself, I would love to have a Prestige RG fixed, but I had a lot of trouble with the wife and actually trying to get another guitar this year. I settled for a non-prestiege RGT42FXQM-MSB which I bought recently on clearance from a US shop. A now discontinued model (relating to my neck-thru and fixed-bridge laments earlier) which had the added bonus of being GREEN and a color/finish that was never available up here in Canada. It'll satisfy the GAS at least for now.

My question is why AREN'T more people buying fixed bridge guitars?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome