Jemsite - View Single Post - Edge Zero vs ZR
Thread: Edge Zero vs ZR
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Zark77FP

Re: Edge Zero vs ZR

My favourite trems to date are without a doubt the Lo Pro Edge on my Jem and the Edge Zeros on my j-customs. I've owned two Edge pro Rg Prestiges in the recent past and I did not like the trems compared to the rest. I sold the guitars and got j-customs with Edge Zeros instead. In the end, I recon the mentioned trems all fall in the top bracket of Trems, some probably just prefer one over the other. I certainly have my favourites... I haven't owned a ZR bridge yet. I do like how they feel though.

The reason I've grown so very fond of Edge Zeros is 1. They stay perfectly in tune regardless of what I throw at them. 2. There's no rattles or any secondary sounds coming from them 3. Intonation settings are a breeze and 4. They make for the quickest string changes ever and even detuning can be done on the fly. My Lo Pro Edge, as much as I love it, will throw a fit when a string snaps or when I want to do a quick detune. (I still love the stability and feel of a LPE regardless!) EZ's are extremely stable imo. I was very apprehensive when I ordered my j-customs because of all the negative hype surrounding the EZ's. I'm very happy that I didn't base my purchase on all the negative publicity. In my experience, most of the "facts" about EZ's are absolute nonsense...

Edge Zeros are EZ...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome