Ibanez JEM Forum banner

which multifx unit is better? + amp question

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  axemanrio 
#1 · (Edited)
recently I started sparing some money to buy a MFX floor unit hopely by the end of the year. Which one do you recommend?(hopely under 500 dollars, but really prefer a cheaper model if the difference isnt that much in tone ,eg. if pod xt wasnt that different in tone with the pod x3) Hopely one that can fatten up my lead sound a bit.
I was looking at the digitech rp500, the boss gt-10, vox tonelab SE, and Line pod X3 live, or pod XT live.
I like to play mostly dream theater and petrucci stuff, along with some thrash like metallica and megadeth, but could use some versatility in tones, maybe if after some time I tend to like other styles.

And the other question, does anyone know if Line6 spider IV series are pedal friendly? cuz I currently own a Line6, and hopely wanna keep it. if not, plz suggest an amp that could serve for that purpose? Hopely under 200 bucks or something like that, cuz i wanna invest the most of my spare money on the MFX unit.
thx

#6 ·
My opinion is that you should go and play all of them yourself and see which one suits you the best.
I'm a big fan of the GT-10's effects and flexibility but it's distortions/amp models aren't my cup of tea. Line6 has some really nice stuff and is computer tweakable which makes things more simple. I've really warmed to Digitech's stuff over the last year and the RP500 is excellent but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Boss/Line6 offerings. I haven't messed with the Vox too much so I won't say anything.
All of them have strong points and weaknesses and only you will know if they'll work for you.

#7 ·
thx for info, but forgive me, I wasnt clear in my question,
which MFX unit has, in your opinion, the high quality high gain amp models for rythm and lead (dont really care that much on superb FX quality, cuz I dont use them so much actually, but it should at least have good quality FX) a good wah and usb connection? dont have much time to try many MFX units atm, have much work for school to do, so I would like to go hopely to the ones that could suit me the best.
thx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.