Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD: Beater RG550

Tags
rg 550 rg550
1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  PumpkinPie 
#1 ·
I got this from Evil Bay UK today, helluva cracked neck and quite a bit of fret wear but it was cheap: £130. I'll bet some other UK members from the forum were watching it too...

The guitar is so dirty, it looks like it's never been cleaned in it's life but it has obviously been well played. Underneath the dirt it appears to be in excellent condition (minus the cracked neck), it has the original pickups and underneath the pickguard has never been touched...you wont believe this one: No wear at all on the knife edges :)

I need to get some spare parts for it, trem cover, top locking nut and a few screws etc... nothing major. I'm going to try and glue up the neck, I had an RG550 with a slightly smaller crack and glued it no problem. I tried Titebond with a neck I fixed recently and it was too brittle, I could hear it cracking under tension, this time I'll use plain old PVA-based wood glue for a little bit of flexibility.

Anyhow, sorry for the long post. Pics here:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

I forgot to add, I'll probably get some pink PAF Pro's for it if the neck holds up :D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.