Ibanez JEM Forum banner

I'll take a v please bob.

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Kwirk 
#1 ·
As a long time ibanez player and my playing world is heading down the old school thrash route full time, i'd really like an ibanez flying v of some description. Having looked through the options available there are plenty of v models but none that i want because i'd have to modify them in some way.

There's the dean v's all of which suck because they are made by toy guitar company dean.

Jackson who do the king v and rr but the rr shape is associted and the king v shape is a bit clumsy looking.

B.C. rich's offerings which frankly are far too garish!

epiphone good but not good enough!

Gibson good but not good enough and expensive!

Esp don't really want one of those either because they are hugely expensive for something thats just not that great!

So ibanez can you please give me a v that has a classy look but a thrashy personallity after all i would love to keep my brand loyalty and you are allegedly the no1 for metal guitars.

See less See more
#2 ·
So ibanez can you please give me a v that has a classy look but a thrashy personallity after all i would love to keep my brand loyalty and you are allegedly the no1 for metal guitars.
2007 was your year bro...

http://resource.mmgn.com/Gallery/full/XTYHCECP.jpg

They called it the V-Blade. Also came in black.

I'm not sure why they pulled it from production. It's the same pickups and hardware as the Xiphos, just a different shape.

#12 ·
If I was better at that, it could look a lot better. Give it a cut for fret access by the neck like the 2660, make the top bevel start at that notch in the wing, and taper to the edge of the neck, make the bottom bevel do the same, etc.

Depends on how many "metal" guitars Ibanez wants to sell, but that would be an awesome V. Of course, Jackson fanboys are gonna scream Rhoads rip, but the Alexi ESP/LTD makes that a pointless argument, IMO.

#13 · (Edited)
If I was better at that, it could look a lot better. Give it a cut for fret access by the neck like the 2660, make the top bevel start at that notch in the wing, and taper to the edge of the neck, make the bottom bevel do the same, etc.

Depends on how many "metal" guitars Ibanez wants to sell, but that would be an awesome V. Of course, Jackson fanboys are gonna scream Rhoads rip, but the Alexi ESP/LTD makes that a pointless argument, IMO.
if they screamed rhoads rip off i would scream gibson ripoff at them :wink:

edit: i cleaned up the v and put it in green

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.