Ibanez JEM Forum banner

France : Avoid UK, terror attack "highly likely"

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  jay ratkowski 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Meh, the British endured WW2 bombing from you-all-know-who and still here we are.

I remember the days after the last "terror" attacks on London and people were still using public transport and complaining about the bus and underground delays all the same, lol.

So France is saying don't come to the UK? Funny how I haven't heard anyone in London complaining about that.

#16 ·
That stinks. Huge priority before getting tied down with kids is seeing a lot of Europe, experiencing heritage, etc. I'd love to go see parts of the Middle East as well... but the risk factor is crazy.

It's a weird thought to process from over in the US too. I think a lot of us are worn down on the terrorism scare. We realize it's present, but it has little impact on our decision-making. IE - you'd never hesitate going to New York, California or Colorado due to security risks. They just don't exist on any relevant level. We know how to be vigilant of pick pockets, rapists and gang members... but shifting your mindset to something like deadly religious zealots is really abstract.

Either way, good luck to all your folks in the EU.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.