Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Do you think this thing is worth $700?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  flashlee 
#1 ·
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/1526554660.html

Ibanez swirl guitar with dated F315322 serial number wizard neck (1993) Fujen Plant swirl monkey grip body with floyd rose trem dimarzio and humbuckers ,this guitar plays itself practically /According the markings inside of neck actually came from pa plant first,It has been setup by a guitar luthier and is a awsome work axe and so cool looking exspecially under the lights,Not much ya cant play on this thing all the way the to the end of the last fret and then sum with the up or down whammy style action/You wont find many guitars that will sound or play as good as this one,come check it out and play it yourself ,comes with ibanez hard case and trem bar/thanks trades considered maybe/Located 20 min from wilson///NEW INFORMATION STATES THE WALRJ-24 MARKING ON NECK STAES FROM JEMSITE THIS INFORMATION--WALRJ-T24 what RG neck is this -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Doing a yahoo search says it is a American made model likely made in the Bensalem PA shop and was a RG750 or up neck. WALRJ-T24 = Wizard(Profile) Angled(Headstock) Locking(Nut) Rosewood(Fretboard) Jumbo(Frets)- Teeth(Inlays, every neck I've seen with the T has the Sharkteeth) 24(Number of frets)Also doing a jemsite question and answer i was informed that in the early 90s you could go to the pa shop and buy neck body pickups etc and put together a guitar that looked and performed as a jem and this is probaly one of those guitars.As you will see the neck has a fuji serial number but no japan stamping under serial which means it never went to the Fuji plant/

See less See more
#2 ·
That swirl looks awfully familiar. Definitely not an official Jem of any kind, but all the parts seem legit enough. Could be an aftermarket body I suppose, hard to say, but not really that important either. I believe I'm seeing headstock binding, which would seem to make it a 700-series neck as mentioned, which is a bonus. Aftermarket green Ibanez logo though, for what that's worth. The "WALRJ-T24" on the heel is completely irrelevant, that's not a factory stamp.

With an Original Edge, what appear to be real Dimarzios, and the aforementioned neck, the price is reasonable enough if the particular swirl is your thing. Just keep in mind that this is a custom finish and a guitar modified and assembled aftermarket, which is not necessarily a negative, but possibly worth considering. It may or may not play as well as advertised, but if it does, it's a good price if you like the finish.

#6 ·
That swirl looks awfully familiar. Definitely not an official Jem of any kind, but all the parts seem legit enough.
It's missing the proper spring mounting plate, or whatever it's called, though.

Could be an aftermarket body I suppose, hard to say, but not really that important either.
Probably original, as it features the angle cut heel, and a regular trem cavity.
An aftermarket Jem body should have the full cut heel and lion's claw.

#10 ·
I would go for it if it went for 500$, though that's just me. Don't personally like the color scheme at all. I could care less if was a modified RG, and you shouldn't either considering, if you're buying it, you probably shouldn't care of it's resale value.

Playability/quality, then comes looks then comes sound. Who cares where it came from?

(And yes, I did put sound after looks. Be honest with yourself)

#13 ·
I swirled that guitar about 5 or so years ago.It was a 770 body and neck.Flourescent yellow basecoat with sublime green,panther pink,black and clear swirled over it.testors spraypaint on water for the swirl,minwax poly clear.I made the clear guard out of plexiglass on a router table.The grip isn't perfect.I also rounded over most of the body with a router bit.Who doesn't like to use power tools!I think another member went and looked at it a while back and said it had a couple of dings and really needed a setup.Not an example of my best work but alot of fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.