Jemsite - View Single Post - too nice to play - playing ultra high end JEMs?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Fun111

Re: too nice to play - playing ultra high end JEMs?

I think the best example for this is the REMC, and to be honest, when I think about all the things that have gone into making that guitar what it is, the swirl, pickups, build, fret job etc etc, it just outlines everything I want in a guitar. It was seeing and holding a REMC that made me buy my UV7BK.

To put it more concisely, if I could afford one, I'd buy an REMC, and I'd take it to every gig until either I couldn't play anymore or it couldn't be played.

I've played an original '59 LP Custom (black of course) that had had 3 headstock repairs, was on it's 2nd set of frets, had been through all kinds of sh!t and it was still the dream of a guitar that it should have been, and a lot of that I think is because it was played.

I'm not saying treat guitars like crap at all, I treasure my guitars, but not playing them is just silly.

If I bought somebody else's guitar on the other hand (e.g. Vai's UVMC, Gilmour's Strat etc) it'd be kept somewhere safe. I'd still have to play them at least once though lol.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome