Ibanez JEM Forum banner

'93 catalog info needed

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  vaijem777 
#1 ·
Anyone have the '93 cat handy? I just bought a RX model that the seller says is a RX750 - never heard of this model but am curious about pickups, neck type, etc. It is a 3 piece Padauk/Mahogany?Padauk body in oil finish and has H/S/H pickups with the TZ trem and gold hardware. Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping it has the V8-S1-V7 setup that my RT650(the model just befor this) had. Viper neck? Help a brother out, wouldja? Thanks in advance Jemsiters! :wink:

#3 ·
Try Page 15 of the 1994 Catalog:

-RX750 Specs:
-V7/S2/V8 Pickups
-"RX" neck-type. (Basically a rounded Strat-type) w/ AANJ

I actually had one of these guitars for awhile...great guitars, but only if the pickups are changed out. The V7/V8 don't have NEARLY enough balls to take advantage of the tonewoods that this guitar has. Retail on the RX750 was $999.95. I miss mine! So...if you ever decide to re-sell the one you're getting...let me know!

Cool axe!

#5 ·
I'm working on it! LOL That was one of the advantages of working in a store for 7 years. :) If something cool came out, I'd buy it at cost, hang onto it until I got bored, then sell it through the store.

The only things I'd really like to get my hands on right now are an RT452 12-string and maybe another RX750. Just got a GR520, which is one that I never bought when I was at the store. Sold a few, but never got one for myself, which I'd regretted ever since.

I've had most of the interesting models that were in the '93, '94 $ '95 catalogs though :) Those were the days when Ibanez had a little more variety

#6 ·
vaijem, thanks for the info - what did you use to replace the stock pickups in your RX? I have a Mahogany JS and love the tone so a Fred/PAF Pro duo was an option. I have found myself gravitating to the oddball early-mid 90's Ibanez stuff and hope this slots right in with the rest(542R, 440SII, RT450, JS6000). I still have an Edge equipped piece but really dig the 2-post fulcrum/locking tuner combo and find it to be almost as stable as the Edge when properly dialed in. I also hope to own one of everything before I croak so I guess a job in a music store(or pawn shop) is in order, eh? Z(Chris)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.