Ibanez JEM Forum banner

New Ibanez X-series Falchion

17K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  mike570 
#1 ·
Saw this posted on another forum, and was surprised it wasn't posted here yet.

I believe its to be released this year.

I've been looking to get a wild-shaped guitar for sometime now. Its not pretty, but I have other guitars to fulfill that role. Even though its ugly as hell...I dig it! I want something crazy, and I've already seen too many people with a Xiphos. :) Apparently its crazy comfortable to play and sits well-balanced. Winner in my books.

See less See more
#9 ·
he probably put it in there himself. whats wrong with the X2N? i love mine hahaha
Nothing! lol, I never tried it, but I heard it's a great pickup. I'm just curious, is all :p

But seriously, those 2 guitars look beastly.... are they 2011 models that didn't make a showing at NAMM, or are they exclusive to Japan, or something....? :?

#23 ·
I discovered these models this morning while checking the Ibanez website, there's 3 cool models, bolt on necks, edge 3 trems etc etc, but some wild shapes and a couple of wild looking colours. Will be interesting to find out prices, whether they come with bags or cases etc. Will be on the phone to Australis tomorrow to get details :)

PS here's a link to check em out in all their glory:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/na/news/f_products/2011/Xseries/index.html

#24 ·
I'm not feeling the vibe with those 3 new guitars. I don't know, but I see elements of other manufacturers guitars combined in those 3.

The Iceman was a definite winner when Ibanez delved into new and unique shapes.

Don't get me wrong, I love odd shaped guitars, but these just don't do it for me.

#25 ·
I'm not feeling the vibe with those 3 new guitars. I don't know, but I see elements of other manufacturers guitars combined in those 3.

The Iceman was a definite winner when Ibanez delved into new and unique shapes.

Don't get me wrong, I love odd shaped guitars, but these just don't do it for me.
I'm with you. Though they don't look bad, I'd never have a reason to own one..... especially with these specs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.