Ibanez JEM Forum banner

intonation problems; floyd rose special

9K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Sargas 
#1 ·
ok so i was helpin my friend with his trem and when i was doin the intonation i noticed that the high E was WAY off i mean, the open was E and the 24th was Eb, it was that bad. so i move the saddle as far forward as the screw will alow, still way flat so i put the screw in the front hole instead of the back and set the saddle all the way forward again and its still pretty flat. noticeable to the ear as well, not just the tuner. what do i do? it wont go any farther forward and going back just makes it worse (obviously, bringing it back flattens, which is the opposite of what i want).

he has a stock black ESP LTD ALEXI-200 with a floyd rose special

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/signature/alexi-200.html

are there known problems with this thing? i googled and got nothing

#6 ·
I have a similar problem, the intonation on my Floyd Rose is WAAAAAY off (however mostly on the 1st and 2nd string). It's so off, I actually have the octave on the 11th Fret o_O
I've tried moving the saddle to the very front, and to the very back, but it doesn't help....

Sorry for semi-hijacking the thread, but we kinda have the same question anyway, and I mostly posted to get mailed when someone answers ^.^ (new to this forums, I suppose you DO get mailed?)

#12 ·
strings are VERY old, earnie ball super slinkys, still pretty flat when all the way forward, and didnt check the stud but to be honest, if it werent stable, it would move the trem forward, which would help the situation. and there wasnt enough time to check the tuss rod but it cant be that bad as there was a slight bow in the neck and the action could get very low without problem

#13 ·
check the stud anyway....... if the mount is loose, as you tighten the intonation, the stud will move- making any adjustment you just did null..........

You NEED new strings to intonate...... it's part of the job.

as far as the Truss nut, just make sure it has contact so as not to be moving around.

are the nut and and neck bolts tight??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.