Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Help please!

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  navybass 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got a new Ibanez today (well, new to me at least). It is an RG body style with a Hum/Single/Single pickup configuration, maple neck/rosewood fretboard with pearl sharktooth inlays. The neck is ultra thin. The single coil pickups say IBZUSAC2 on them, the bridge humbucker was changed to a DiMarzio FRED. The trem bridge says "Licensed under Floyd Rose patents" on it and looks to be an Ibanez bridge. On the neck plate it says (from top to bottom) IBANEZ new ideas for todays musiciand, then serial number 89XXXX, (where the x's are the rest of the numbers in the serial), and under the serial it says "1726 Winchester Rd. Bensalem, PA 19020 USA. All the writing is in raised letters. On the front of the headstock it just says Ibanez with the check mark and there's nothing on the back of the headstock. It also has white binding around the neck and headstock. The truss rod has the Gibson style nut.

My questions are;

What year was it made?
Where was it made?
What model is it?

Any help would be appreciated.

#8 ·
Thanks for the help. I found out a bit about it online. The pickups were made in USA and the guitar was made in Japan.

Best part about the guitar is that I paid $175 for it with the original Ibanez Tolex hardshell case. She's in great shape and the frets hardly have any wear on them.

I'm going to take the single coil out of the neck position and put a Duncan Hot Rails in there.

#9 ·
Thanks for the help. I found out a bit about it online. The pickups were made in USA and the guitar was made in Japan.

Best part about the guitar is that I paid $175 for it with the original Ibanez Tolex hardshell case. She's in great shape and the frets hardly have any wear on them.

I'm going to take the single coil out of the neck position and put a Duncan Hot Rails in there.
You got a 760 for $175!!!!!!! Great Score!!!!!!!! That has to be the Score of the year you know!!!!!!!!

I've recently seen a 760 go for over $600 so you did VERY well!!!!

also, WE NEED PICS NOW!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.