Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD JCRG2011ZVAT Purple madness!

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  rebornplayer 
#1 ·
Here's the new JCRG2011ZVAT I have been waiting for since January!

I usually do not post NGD's (as I am generally just too lazy to take the pics, and too busy playing them to post). I figured I would make an exception here, as this is way too special of an addition to not post it.

I think (Rich, correct me if I'm wrong) that this is the first of the new JCRG's to be delivered? Also possible the other guys who have been waiting and just had them delivered are just too busy playing to post!

Anyway, here are just a couple of shots - plus, as promised to Alaskabat, a group shot of my purple guitars together. The wall shot absolutely did NOT capture the true color of any of my purple guitars. The overall group shots seemed to have better lighting and truer color.

I will try to get off my butt and post some follow up info as far as a review of the JC, but may spend the weekend locked away - with bloody, purple fingers. ;)

Rob

See less See more
#14 ·
All,
Thanks for the positive comments. The J Custom is absolutely wonderful to play, and surpassed my expectations for fit and finish and overall quality. If I get off my butt, I will try to post a full review soon.

one question... whats the purple one that looks like the 1421 with a reverse headstock and neck binding???
That's a RGR421EXFM. Decent overall. I have been happy with the feel and playability of this guitar. I also dig the deep candy purple and the reverse headstock. It was a custom order that worked out great.

This 421 is the bookend match to the real 1421F you see there on the left. This is the only purple 1421 in existence! One of my absolute prized guitars! Phenomenal player as well.

Is that a euphoria?! :) AWESOME!
Yep. That's serial #8 of the original EP7's. Great tone and setup.

I see some at least 2 Gio's in there. Why buy the cheaper guitars when you have SO MANY amazing ones?
That's very observant.

Yes, there are 2 GIO's in there - leaning up against the corners of my Jem wall.

The reason I have them is because I have three young sons, and until Ibanez decides to make "Prestige" series Mikro's, my kids will have to learn on the available GIO's.

They are not bad for what they are, can be set up pretty well and sound ok. And the size (3/4 scale) makes them ideal student guitars for little players. They also let my kids feel like they are part of the "action" getting to play little guy RG's.

beautiful stuff!!! and i count 3 tight end bridge's. i f**king love that thing :)
I second that. Absolutely love the Tight End. I am a fixie at heart, and these fill the bill.

wow I just realised you got 2 save the planet Jems...
As stated above, I do love the fixed bridge guitars and jumped at the chance to own a fixed Jem when they first came out. Then loved it so much, I bought a second. Actually going to have the second EAFX custom painted a brilliant sparkle purple! Will keep you posted on what has become the very slow process of getting this custom Jem going.

Rob

#9 ·
I see some at least 2 Gio's in there.

Why buy the cheaper guitars when you have SO MANY amazing ones?
I mean, i understand that its fun to mod cheaper guitars but its always good to start with something decent.

Or did you have the Gio's first then start your collection?

but beautiful stuff!!! and i count 3 tight end bridge's. i f**king love that thing :)

#15 ·
the new addition is absolutely stunning...I totally love it - congratulations! And your collection is absolutely incredible!!!
my wife is on me about wanting to buy another guitar because I have 5 and she thinks that is more than enough....I'm gonna show her your collection and say 'see hun - my GAS isn't that bad' ;o)

#17 ·
I'll say that overall I have always been exceptionally happy with my Jem's. I think they are generally some of the nicest guitars around, and when set up correctly, can challenge almost any other make or model.

I will acknowledge that there are some years/models that have been better than others, but would stick by the fact that Jem's are generally outstanding guitars across the board.

At the same time, I'll say that I've probably not owned a finer guitar than this current J Custom. It surpassed my expectations in fit and finish, as well as balance and feel. I also love the pup choice in the J Custom. Great clean tones. Very warm and colorful.

This J Custom will probably be my main player for the foreseeable future - but I'll also concede that one of my all time favorites is still my '08 7VW with the purple pickguard. Hard to put that down as well!

Rob

#20 ·
Nice new custom and nice collection of guitars.
Thanks. I'm absolutely loving the J custom!

I hope you have a special rider policy (not sure if that is the right term) for insurance because standard homeowners won't cover those guitars and equipment in event of a loss.
Yup :)

I count 33 guitars is that right?
Actually 34 visible in that shot. You made me recount a couple of times ;)

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.