Jemsite - View Single Post - Steve Vai Masterclass - Melbourne - I totally jammed with Steve!
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Petie

Re: Steve Vai Masterclass - Melbourne - I totally jammed with Steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzepat View Post
Yep, totally agree.. I think that first hour or so was incredibly enjoyable... and as I was driving home listening to The Ultra Zone, Real Illusions this morning and pretty much Vai all day today at work I feel like I understand his work with allot more clarity than I did before yesterday!
Funny allot of his talk about goals etc are quite confronting.. though as he says, you can always change them!!
Petie, I know IbanezFreak777 was first in the jam, where were you? Thoroughly impressed by all those that did jam, some truly nice shredding and did you feel like you "rose to the occasion"??
I was second, the dude with the Universe. I wasn't really nervous - the one thing I feel confident in in my life is that I can play guitar, so I kind of took the attitude of "Of course I'm about to jam with Steve Vai. This is just what happens." I know that's NOT what 'just happens' but I find that when I approach things like that, it starts to become true. That kinda ties in with what Steve spoke about in the first half.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome