Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Pro Rock'r grommet replacement

Tags
pro rock'r
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  stephenvs 
#1 ·
So, what has happened to many has finally happened to me - the little grommet (for want of a better term) that holds the intonation and saddle screws on my Roadstar has snapped. And no, I didn't crank the saddle screw down or intonate under string pressure; I was tweaking the string radius, probably just as bad in retrospect.

It was only a matter of time - for such a structurally important part, it's made of cast zinc :x. The overall design itself is not good - as you raise the saddle by the grub screws, the top part of the grommet is apt to bending.

I doubt a machine shop would do replacements due to lack of profitability for such a tiny thing. There were a couple of Pro Rock'r specimens on eBay over the past week but the bidding got pretty fierce and drove the price up. In an ideal universe, I'd get a few of these grommets to have as spares should one break again...

So, any suggestions as to what can be done? I don't mind playing five strings a la Keef but you sometimes want that sixth :).

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.